'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering is now open for 2016 CTS-V Maybe it's time for its own section here

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Nothing on Cadillac's site. So now that the ordering window is open, what's the base price or did I miss that official announcement?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Pricing will come soon. Maybe within the next week or so. GM should also be announcing 2016 model year change very soon too!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pricing...just options...looks like Black Diamond was replaced with Stellar Black

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no idea ....lol...... i have not received my paint samples yet...i'm wondering if they toned it down, i liked black diamond allot but some found it to be more of a bass boat black

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,816 Posts
Got a problem with strippers?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,816 Posts
The stripper in the bass boat? Yeah, I'm for that, too!

·
Premium Member
16 Phantom Gray V, 14 Silver Coast Metallic CTS4
1,360 Posts
no idea ....lol...... i have not received my paint samples yet...i'm wondering if they toned it down, i liked black diamond allot but some found it to be more of a bass boat black
I've found that my BD sedan gets a lot of looks and ooohs/aahhhs at the different places that I take it. It's always a hit at cars and coffee.

·
Registered
2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"
1,290 Posts
Yeah who knows, but the Chevy SS did that. So it would at least follow a pattern of established behavior.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The problem is the Chevy SS looks too much like the boring and bland Malibu. Chevy should have stepped up design on the Chevy SS to emulate more of the Camaro/Corvette DNA and it would have sold in much bigger numbers. Chevy SS is a styling dud.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V sedan, 2017 CT6, 2000 Eldorado ETC
239 Posts
^^^and they are still using the gen IV engine instead of the Gen V which would eliminate the gas guzzle tax. I find it hard to believe they have not upgraded that engine, maybe 2016 maybe because they are a Holden design. Not sure why.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
^^^and they are still using the gen IV engine instead of the Gen V which would eliminate the gas guzzle tax. I find it hard to believe they have not upgraded that engine, maybe 2016 maybe because they are a Holden design. Not sure why.
It's all about dollars and cents with GM. First off, they most likely have thousands and thousands of leftover Gen IV LS3 engines laying around and their answer is to drop that engine into the SS which is going to be gone after the 2017 model year which will in turn save GM tons of money. They will actually profit from this decision.

Secondly, GM hasn't had the opportunity to really mass produce the LT1 engines for anything else other than the C7 Corvette. Now that GM confirmed that the LT1 V8 is going into the 6th Gen Camaro SS, that doesn't leave much room for the LT1 to see it's way into SS production. Since the LT1 is built in New York and the SS is built in Australia, the logistics become even more complicated and expensive. The Chevy SS LS3 is most likely built in Australia which makes it cheaper to build. I can't imagine GM shipping engines all the way from North America to Australia for the car to be built only to have to car come all the way back here for retail sale.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts