Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only pray that GM/Cadillac didnt forget previous owners of CUE and NAV in the 3d GEN CTS and allow us a path to implement the new changes coming for CUE and NAV.:bigroll:

If not - thats the kind of thing that looses customers and is hopefully something GM does not want to do, or shouldn't.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Performance Premium - White Diamond
98 Posts
Well I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. My dealer gave me a 2015 model loaner when I had my 2014 in for repair over a weekend. 2 things that bug me with the 2014 CUE software are that I cannot invoke SIRI (Iphone) from the steering control and when listening to Pandora I cannot skip tracks from the steering wheel. When I do this it will go to the next station on my favorites list.
Both these features work correctly on the 2015. When I asked the dealer they said I had the latest available in my 2014. I called Cadillac and they said the dealer was correct and I could check back later and presumable pay for the "upgrade" if available.

Obviously Cadillac did not intend CUE software to be common to all platforms (models) and do not plan on unifying bug fixes or feature improvements across them.

They seem to be using the old logic that if you want the new feature then you need to buy the new car. Outdated thinking. Shame shame.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
I think the problem is that they have also made some upgrades to the hardware, particularly processor speed for 2016. Without new hardware, you can't upgrade the rest. It is disappointing. I'm going to be getting a 2016.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,250 Posts
I also think that there is probably a new faster computer
that goes with the 2016 upgrades.

New options, engines, trans, etc, always happen in new
years and don't get upgraded on older models.

The CUE improvements seems to be as much a fix as a
upgrade. If it's even possible to upgrade, they could offer
it as a cost or offer a rebate to use towards a 2016.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As informed bu CUE support - forget about it. Only for 2016 models. So we are left with another dead end system. Sure I will keep buying Cadillacs.:mad:

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
As informed bu CUE support - forget about it. Only for 2016 models. So we are left with another dead end system. Sure I will keep buying Cadillacs.:mad:
I have an 08 CTS. They better not forget about me and give me a new Nav system too. I also want the 8-speed transmission. I can wait thought and get the new 3.6L when it comes out in a couple months and then just change everything at once. They can keep the new sheetmetal though.

Other than that, my 08 was a complete dead end system.

My friend has a BMW and they don't upgrade his car every year either. Let me know what manufacturer upgrades components for free and I will buy them too! I know Tesla will upgrade software for free, but not hardware and the main change in Cue is a faster processor.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
244 Posts
Those of us with a 14 would feel the same way as you if we had not been told by GM in writing that they would be upgradable.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 2.0T
44 Posts
It is unfortunate for us 14 model owners that CUE changes won't dribble down to us. Unfortunately CUE was so poorly thought out and designed that it's not just the software that needed at update, but also a lack of processing power. You can't do the latter without a whole new system which is what the 2016 will get.

As for the software updates themselves, it is too bad they don't seem to offer anything useful in terms of improvements that our systems can handle though that is present with a lot of car manufacturers now. They're just beginning to change that, but its a slow process. Technology changes much more quickly than people change out their vehicles so car makers are working to figure out better ways to keep things up to date like Tesla does. I know Mazda's newest models have more updatable systems as well.

Luxo brands makers seem to be a little behind in that area.

I'm hoping within another year that Cadillac will pull me ahead a year in my 3 year lease so I can get another CTS with updated CUE and the much needed 8 speed.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,250 Posts
Pulling a lease ahead a year would be a good compromise
for those who want upgrades. Those who bought could get
a special rebate or at least can trade when they desire.

Engines, trans, stereos, etc, have often gotten better in a model
year or two, but they always did their job. The CUE system is a different story, not being up to par it seems.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Performance Premium - White Diamond
98 Posts
I work for a company that makes very technical hardware/software products and I understand the complexities of rolling out changes.

However CUE, is just software, they already have the fixes but have apparently decided to apply them to production versions and forward. I could see drawing a line at the current generation model but not down to the year model.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Our other car is a Tesla Model S and it receives software updates periodically through our home wifi network. Believe me it is awesome waking up and getting in your car and seeing those added features! After you experience it, it's hard to imagine it any other way. Can you imagine buying a computer that you can't get updates for? There are more than a few improvements and "apps" I'd like to see on our '14 CTS's CUE system. I believe CUE can be made right with just a few stratetic updates - and a faster processor.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have an 08 CTS. They better not forget about me and give me a new Nav system too. I also want the 8-speed transmission. I can wait thought and get the new 3.6L when it comes out in a couple months and then just change everything at once. They can keep the new sheetmetal though.

Other than that, my 08 was a complete dead end system.

My friend has a BMW and they don't upgrade his car every year either. Let me know what manufacturer upgrades components for free and I will buy them too! I know Tesla will upgrade software for free, but not hardware and the main change in Cue is a faster processor.
Sometimes I wish I kept my 08 CTS - it was loaded with options and many are no longer available for some time. But it had its share of issues for sure.

·
Registered
2015 CTS Sedan 2.0T Performance
16 Posts
I have lost all faith in GM and Caddy to offer updates of any kind for my 2015 CTS. Really pathetic company. Apple and Tesla roll out updates that breath new life and make devices FASTER. Caddy can't even give me any info as there is no or little communication or dissemination between Detroit/NYC and their uninformed/apathetic dealers. When I bought this car new a year ago, the cheesy salesman said to me "see here, on this CUE screen there will be more apps coming out, isn't that cool?" So I asked, will this be OTA updates automatically pushed to the car via the 4G antenna, or will I get emailed about updates to be performed at the dealer, or will I be shipped a USB drive, or what? How will this work? Unsurprisingly, he had NO clue, and no service personnel since (the car has been taken in repeatedly for faulty collision/proximity sensors which keep giving me false warnings) have had any idea of what Caddy intended or has planned for future "apps" updates, let alone CUE system software updates. This is my first, and probably last Caddy due this false advertising, incompetent dealers, lack of technical information to customers. All I do get from Caddy is the endless junk mail from SiriusXM and Onstar to sign up for their overpriced services.

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have lost all faith in GM and Caddy to offer updates of any kind for my 2015 CTS. Really pathetic company. Apple and Tesla roll out updates that breath new life and make devices FASTER. Caddy can't even give me any info as there is no or little communication or dissemination between Detroit/NYC and their uninformed/apathetic dealers. When I bought this car new a year ago, the cheesy salesman said to me "see here, on this CUE screen there will be more apps coming out, isn't that cool?" So I asked, will this be OTA updates automatically pushed to the car via the 4G antenna, or will I get emailed about updates to be performed at the dealer, or will I be shipped a USB drive, or what? How will this work? Unsurprisingly, he had NO clue, and no service personnel since (the car has been taken in repeatedly for faulty collision/proximity sensors which keep giving me false warnings) have had any idea of what Caddy intended or has planned for future "apps" updates, let alone CUE system software updates. This is my first, and probably last Caddy due this false advertising, incompetent dealers, lack of technical information to customers. All I do get from Caddy is the endless junk mail from SiriusXM and Onstar to sign up for their overpriced services.
Amen to that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts