Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regardless of the warranty, I always like to get the service manual set for the vehicle's I own. Suffice to say, gone are the day's when the factory manual just considered of one or two books like some of my past cars years back (85 Vette, 79 Malibu) Malibu. GM's manual publisher (Helm) had the 2016 CTS manuals on back order for some time but mine finally came in the mail today. The 39 pound box (yes 39 pounds) was not cheap at 433.06 (price includes shipping and handling).

In years past, I have seen vendors on Ebay offer a CD copy of the factory service manuals (Factory not aftermarket) as .pdf files (although at the price I presume they are non authorized bootleg copies but seem original). Have not seen these for the CTS body yet though so I got the books. At my dad's shop years back we had a library room just for the service manuals but years later we subscribed to online providers Alldata and Mitchell so we printed a lot of the info. on line.

I've had issues on the forum getting pictures to upload due to size but I will include picture of all the books if it allows. The Helm site link follows.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service_owner.asp?Style=helm&class_2=CAD

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,137 Posts
This thread is over 2.5 years dead. You might find the online GM service manuals in www.alldatadiy.com. A multi-year subscription is FAR, FAR cheaper than the hard copy or DVD Helm manuals - if and when available.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This thread is over 2.5 years dead. You might find the online GM service manuals in www.alldatadiy.com. A multi-year subscription is FAR, FAR cheaper than the hard copy or DVD Helm manuals - if and when available.
You can also get the manuals on thumb drive from Helm here

Or purchase 3 days of usage (or a month or a year) directly from GM and print the service manual and bulletin pages you need here

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,849 Posts
Do you know where can get 2016 ctsv service manual? I can't find it from Helm.
How were you searching? I went to www.helminc.com, clicked on Cadillac, told it I had a 2016 CTS and it provided a listing. If you're looking for a separate, CTS-V only FSM, there isn't one; it's included with the CTS (as indicated by the title of this thread).

This thread is over 2.5 years dead.
The link and information samgauto provided in his original post is still correct. Seems to me like the thread is still alive, and bringing this back to the top is better than starting a new thread for no reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts