Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
none now, but will look at CT5. 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T. Former 14 ATS 3.6
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That do you guys think of the new pics of the 2016 Camaro, based on the ATS's alpha platform? The base turbo 4 and mid-level 3.6 V6 engines appear to mirror the ATS coupe's offerings. The top engine is a 6.2L V8 with 455hp instead of the ATS V's 3.6 twin turbo V6. Performance will probably be similar.
So which would you rather have? Camaro or ATS coupe?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Drwilsc said:
That do you guys think of the new pics of the 2016 Camaro, based on the ATS's alpha platform? The base turbo 4 and mid-level 3.6 V6 engines appear to mirror the ATS coupe's offerings. The top engine is a 6.2L V8 with 455hp instead of the ATS V's 3.6 twin turbo V6. Performance will probably be similar. So which would you rather have? Camaro or ATS coupe?
If I was 17 Camero.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Not a fan. I feel it's more of a womans car, as the majority of people driving them are women.
Not following you. If women live longer than men, will you someday have to kill yourself? If women sleep more than men would you only sleep secretly? If you are attracted to women, do you fear people will think you're a lesbian? ;)

----------

That do you guys think of the new pics of the 2016 Camaro, based on the ATS's alpha platform? The base turbo 4 and mid-level 3.6 V6 engines appear to mirror the ATS coupe's offerings. The top engine is a 6.2L V8 with 455hp instead of the ATS V's 3.6 twin turbo V6. Performance will probably be similar.
So which would you rather have? Camaro or ATS coupe?
I do everything possible to avoid 2 doors with a back seat, so I wouldn't own either since the ATS is available as a sedan. But if forced to buy one of those two, it would be the ATS. The Camero is still a little too cartoonish for me but the biggest reason is the Camaro is built on the Alpha PLUS, not the Alpha and if you have driven a CTS, you know that's a minus. Plus the Camaro will even weigh more than the ATS.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the Camaro looks pretty cool and sexy-midlife crisis car if you will. Unfortunately, probably not practical for those of us who live in the snow belt. While I wish the ATS V offered AWD, an ATS 3.6 AWD coupe with 8-speed auto and 335hp sounds pretty sweet.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Not a fan. I feel it's more of a womans car, as the majority of people driving them are women.
Around here, I see more douchebags with snap back caps driving them than anything else. That being said, I do like the look of that Car. But for the sake of the image it'll project, I'll pass. And because I really really like the look of the Ats along with everything else that's ats

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Around here, I see more douchebags with snap back caps driving them than anything else. That being said, I do like the look of that Car. But for the sake of the image it'll project, I'll pass. And because I really really like the look of the Ats along with everything else that's ats
I see you're 25. We old people could probably use a little bit of that 'image' lol.

·
Registered
2020 XT4
96 Posts
I had a 2010 Camaro SS and I can honestly say I like my 2.0L ATS coupe much better. I miss the extra HP occasionally but the ATS is more fun to drive, is more comfortable and I have yet to see another one on the road in my town.

I am also a bit disappointed that Chevy played it safe with the gen 6 Camaro. I think they exterior styling is a step backwards from the original concept.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
We have a 2010 SS and enjoy it. Don't know if I want to own another though. Funny how all the talk is about the performance of the ATS V. The new SS on the same platform as the V but with the Vette V8 will give the V a run for its money for $20-25k less. ----------
Billm0066 said:
How do you know this?

C

·
0 Posts
I can't stand the retro 1st gen styling but I hope it is as successful as the 5th gen.

Demographics.
2005-2013 Ford Mustang: The typical 5th generation, S197 Mustang owner is a homeowner, has an annual household income of $72,115 and 68% are male.
2010-2013 Chevrolet Camaro: 22% of 5th generation Camaro owners are 35-44 years old, have an annual household income of $74,203 and 72% are male
2008-2013 Dodge Challenger: A third of these 3rd-generation Challenger owners have an estimated credit risk score of 730 or higher, have an average household income of $73,993 and 78% are male.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
The new SS on the same platform as the V but with the Vette V8 will give the V a run for its money for $20-25k less.
Although they both will use the Alpha platform, and the SS will get the C7 LT1 engine, with around 200 less ponies, the SS won't exactly be nipping at the V3's heels.

C

·
0 Posts
Although they both will use the Alpha platform, and the SS will get the C7 LT1 engine, with around 200 less ponies, the SS won't exactly be nipping at the V3's heels.
He is comparing it to the turbo 6 ATSV

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
I want one. A nice SS in blue to sit next to my ATS. =)

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Not following you. If women live longer than men, will you someday have to kill yourself? If women sleep more than men would you only sleep secretly? If you are attracted to women, do you fear people will think you're a lesbian? ;)
That was rather odd....

Let me put it this way. I do not like the camaro at all, especially the looks. When I notice camaros, I often see women driving them.

Guess we can say the same thing about the ATS. My wife mostly drives ours and I see a good amount of women driving ATS's in my location.
Cool... I barely ever see anyone driving them, and often times they are older (similar to other cadillacs). I think the Camaro is a chick car, same with the Beetle, grand am, pontiac g6.

The 2015 Mustang is so damn sexy, I wouldn't even have a second thought about any other muscle car.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
vfaninva said:
Yeah, CTS Chick is right, I was referring to ATS-V. I just reread it and noticed I overloaded the comment with Vs!

We'll save the nipping for the new ZL1. ?

·
Registered
2014 ATS4 Performance 3.6L, 2014 Jeep GC EcoDiesel
120 Posts
Can't say I am in love with it, but it has the instrument cluster the ATS should have come with.

·
Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
825 Posts
It has the engine I wish the ATS-V had. I could see myself in a 455 hp SS with a manual for $20K less than the ATS-V.

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6L V6 RWD Performance
187 Posts
Guess we can say the same thing about the ATS. My wife mostly drives ours and I see a good amount of women driving ATS's in my location.
I find that surprising. I would have thought that most women who want a Cadillac would go for the SRX. That one for sure has a reputation for being a woman's choice for an SUV.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts