Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time future Cadillac owner here! I ordered my Cadillac Premium ESV in early March, but the order hasn't moved forward yet. My buddy at the dealership said I might want to wait until the 2016's come out. He said there shouldn't be very many changes as they already did that with the 2015i. Has anyone had an experience with Cadillac pre-orders? I guess I want to know am I looking at a September - October time frame to take delivery? Will it be worth it?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I would wait until 2016 model year if I had a choice. They should start building 2016s in June or July with dealers receiving vehicles in August/September depending on dealer order allocations, and dealer locations in relation to the plant.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Last year many of us waited 6 to 9 months for our orders.
I waited 8 months for my Platinum 4WD ESV from when I put my deposit down.
I ordered in April and got it in Jan.
IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.
WE LOVE IT.

You want to be careful picking up an existing 2015 as many are plagued with problems and have 6 speed trans.
You want to make sure you get a 2015i or 2015.5 to get all the second round of updates like 8 speed trans.
Look for manufacture date Winter of 2014 or later to get one with many of the fixes for the new rollout.

I would not expect any major new stuff in a 2016. the 2015's and the 2015i's got all the new stuff they could stuff into it.
But I believe that a 2016 will have higher resale value than a 2015 model not just because of the added model year but because of all the problems and delays Cadillac had during the rollout.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum (soon), 2013 Nissan GTR E85 (sold)
49 Posts
Your general Escalade buyer will have no idea of Cadillac delays or rollout problems. The fact that your are on this forum is a selection and prospective bias. If there are no major changes between 2015.5 and 16 then the simple year designation will be the only noticeable difference to the prospective buyer...and the mileage and vehicle condition of course.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Your general Escalade buyer will have no idea of Cadillac delays or rollout problems. The fact that your are on this forum is a selection and prospective bias. If there are no major changes between 2015.5 and 16 then the simple year designation will be the only noticeable difference to the prospective buyer...and the mileage and vehicle condition of course.
Most buyers are aware of the curse of first year of a redesigned vehicle (most if not all manufacturers go through this). That is the year when they discover most of the problems that need to be worked out in subsequent years. Same thing happened in 07 when the previous generation first came out. That can be enough to keep resale down and keep prospective buyers away.

Roll of the dice on first year models, some get lucky, some are plagued with issues. Take time to read many of the same issues which pop up time and time again for owners on any of the forums.

Wait for the 2016

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
None
226 Posts
AndoOKC said:
I have an early build 2015 premium 4wd ESV love it haven't had any issues what so ever 11,000 miles on it already no vibration issue no service 4wd no issue with with the backup camera since I don't have 360 surround view oh well . Like I said before my only gripe is that I couldn't wait till the platinum came out . I had to have it right away . Had it since last July . But hey I hear the wifi really sucks I would have liked the massage chairs and the new badge but that's fine for now.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
I would also WAIT FOR THE 2016 ! We are on our 2nd 2015 GM SUV since Sept. GM bought back our Yukon, then I made the mistake of buying a 2015.5 Escalade. Which has also been plagued with countless problems.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait !

Do yourself a favor. Go look on Cars. Com or autotrader. Com. Look how many 2015 Escalades, Yukons and Tahoes are available with unusually low miles. There's not doubt many of these are GM buy backs. Furthermore when GM does a "good will buy back" these are not branded titled as Lemon Law buy backs. Many unknowingly families are going to buy these SUV's without knowing the very rocky roll out this line up has had this year.

Wait. Wait. Wait. And HOPE GM fixes the many many issues these 2015's continue to exhibit. And don't do what I did. Don't have your sales person deliver the truck to you without driving it. demand a EXTENDED TEST DRIVE. I wouldn't buy another without driving it in ALL road conditions. I like ours on the freeway, but at slow speeds under 50, it's just terrible! Rides like a tank, makes all kinds of strange noises, and has a booming subwoofer pressure issue that GM says its "normal" I'm now to the point to where I only ride in the truck when I have too. I truly HATE this new Escalade. It's a shame to spend 85+ thousand dollars on a new vehicle, and don't want to drive in it for it 100% annoying to drive in. And as a bonus GM will do little to nothing to fix it.

Did I mention, wait for a 2016. Or HOPE another manufacture makes something that will fit your families needs as well.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
TOBTEK said:
I would also WAIT FOR THE 2016 ! We are on our 2nd 2015 GM SUV since Sept. GM bought back our Yukon, then I made the mistake of buying a 2015.5 Escalade. Which has also been plagued with countless problems. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait ! Do yourself a favor. Go look on Cars. Com or autotrader. Com. Look how many 2015 Escalades, Yukons and Tahoes are available with unusually low miles. There's not doubt many of these are GM buy backs. Furthermore when GM does a "good will buy back" these are not branded titled as Lemon Law buy backs. Many unknowingly families are going to buy these SUV's without knowing the very rocky roll out this line up has had this year. Wait. Wait. Wait. And HOPE GM fixes the many many issues these 2015's continue to exhibit. And don't do what I did. Don't have your sales person deliver the truck to you without driving it. demand a EXTENDED TEST DRIVE. I wouldn't buy another without driving it in ALL road conditions. I like ours on the freeway, but at slow speeds under 50, it's just terrible! Rides like a tank, makes all kinds of strange noises, and has a booming subwoofer pressure issue that GM says its "normal" I'm now to the point to where I only ride in the truck when I have too. I truly HATE this new Escalade. It's a shame to spend 85+ thousand dollars on a new vehicle, and don't want to drive in it for it 100% annoying to drive in. And as a bonus GM will do little to nothing to fix it. Did I mention, wait for a 2016. Or HOPE another manufacture makes something that will fit your families needs as well.
I'm doing an extended paid test drive for you guys! Bought new Feb 2, 2015 and now after 9000 plus miles, it has been trouble free. The only glitch I have is the single disc dvd to watch a movie upfront and cannot get to watch a movie from my iPhone even with USB hooked up(while at park of course).

S

·
0 Posts
Wait Wait Wait for the 2016.....Whenever GM introduces a new model or redesign, I have always waited a couple years to buy. Gives them time to work out the bugs, and possible better deals when purchasing.

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
For sure you got to wait,
Most probably vibration/buffeting problem and some other issues will be fixed and I think there will be some new updates with 16 models.

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV w/Kona Brown Interior
10 Posts
I agree, I bought a 2015 ESV early edition directly from GM (thru a dealer) - it was a GM executive car and has the upgraded kona brown interior....I LOVE IT!!!

6 speed transmission is smooth as silk and I drove from CT to Myrtle Beach and 21.6 mpg

I've heard about the issues with the 8 speed transmission

It's all in the luck of the draw - issues will be worked out mostly by 2017, so just enjoy your truck they are all beautiful.

And let's face it - the fact that we own trucks that cost almost $100k - we are all pretty fortunate!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Having an accessible camera is a cool feature which I have in my Range Rover Sport but after awhile I don't feel the need to use it anymore. The only time it will be beneficial is if it can be continuously ON esp if you're towing.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum
88 Posts
3/2015 Also got a newly revised 8-speed transmission and some better fit and finish. I would seriously pass unless your vehicle was built in March 2015. Trust me, this is my 3rd. Each is significantly better but I think this rendition feels appropriate and tight.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
3/2015 Also got a newly revised 8-speed transmission and some better fit and finish. I would seriously pass unless your vehicle was built in March 2015. Trust me, this is my 3rd. Each is significantly better but I think this rendition feels appropriate and tight.
3rd 2015?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts