Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year after the release of the all-new, fourth-generation 2015 Cadillac Escalade and 2015 Escalade ESV, Cadillac is giving its 2016 Escalade and 2016 Escalade ESV several noteworthy changes and updates.

To start, the 2016 model year Escalade and Escalade ESV do away with two interior colors — Crystal Red Tintcoat and White Diamond Tricoat. However, four new extra charge colors join the lineup, including Red Passion Tintcoat, Crystal White Tricoat, Gray Silk Metallic, and Dark Emerald Metallic. The latter two colors do not cost extra on the Platinum trim level, with the Emerald Metallic being a spring promotional color.

2016 Cadillac Escalade Gray Silk Metallic Color
2016 Cadillac Escalade Red Passion Tintcoat Color
2016 Cadillac Escalade Crystal White Tricoat Color
2016 Cadillac Escalade Emerald Metallic Color

New features are plenty. To start, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade and 2016 Escalade ESV add Advanced Diagnostics service, which provides advanced warning of vehicle issues via a display in the Cadillac CUE screen, or by text or email message. In addition, the 2016 Escalade adds Lane Keep Assist as well as the rear seat DVD-based entertainment system as an LPO feature (do people still use DVDs?).

As with other 2016 model year Cadillacs, the 2016 Escalade features various improvements to the Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system, including improved system speed and performance, faster and more accurate map loading and voice command execution, new navigation interfaces, Bluetooth media browsing, and the removal of the SD card slot. Completing the technology updates to the 2016 Escalade is the fact that the front camera view of the Surround Vision feature is now selectable via the Cadillac CUE screen, while the 12” reconfigurable instrument panel cluster features changes to the Normal Black display, to the chrome rings around information display, and to the Balanced and Enhanced themes, while the Simple and Performance themes are eliminated from the system.

Check the official RPO-level changes:

Deletions

Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
Exterior color (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
SD card slot removed from Cadillac CUE and (D07)/(DCK) covered storage floor consoles
(Y65) Driver Awareness Package (replaced by [Y86] Driver Awareness Package on Luxury Collection only)

New Features

Exterior color (G1C) Gray Silk Metallic (available at extra charge; no additional charge on Platinum)
Exterior color (G1E) Red Passion Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
Exterior color (G1W) Crystal White Tricoat (available at extra charge)
Exterior color (GC8) Dark Emerald Metallic (available at extra charge; no additional charge on Platinum. Spring promotional color)
(VHM) Advanced Diagnostics (provides advanced warning of vehicle issues via a display in the Cadillac CUE screen, text or email message)
(Y86) Driver Awareness Package, includes Safety Alert Seat, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert and
(TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps (Luxury Collection only)
(UHX) Lane Keep Assist
(UJ5) Rear seat DVD entertainment system, dual independent, LPO

Changes

Cadillac CUE upgrades include improved system speed and performance, faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, single press mute navigation voice/cancel route, expanded cities with 3D maps, route information and next maneuver and BT Media browsing
Lane Departure Warning RPO Code changes from (UFL) to no RPO Code
Third row comfort guides become a service part
(UVH) Surround Vision, front camera view selectable via Cadillac CUE screen
(UDV) 12″ reconfigurable cluster changes to Normal Black display, chrome rings around information display, upgraded Balanced and Enhanced themes, eliminated Simple and Performance themes

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
FYI

VHM rpo option has a new set of codes to inform more than just the technician about future services the vehicle may need.

LKA is another move closer and with advanced parking assist to the super cruise feature which will start from the CT6 and work its way down the product line. Most of the products now have EPS-electric power steering except only XTS4 v sport and the last of the SRX my.

----------

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?m=201411

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
What's the difference between lane departure warning vs lane keep assist? Is the escalade going to turn or nudge the steering wheel so it will not cross the shoulder lines? Aside from cosmetic changes, I don't see any major changes like paddle shifters(it would be a great idea), changes in final drive ratio, transmission gear ratios, etc and of course a hybrid version.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
(UVH) Surround Vision, front camera view selectable via Cadillac CUE screen
When they say that, do that mean people can access them without using the column shifter?

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Thanks for the info.. I wounded how white diamond compares to crystal white.
Crystal white is a more pure pearl white, Vrs the more Tan/cream coloring of the Diamond white. The newer Crystal is very close to the pearl white Mercedes is using on the new S550's. I personally welcome the new more pure white.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
GM-4-LIFE,
THANKS FOR THE NEW 2016 INFO.

I like and enjoy the reconfigurable display.
I like that the surround view will be selectable from CUE. Maybe it will be available when pulling into a parking space without shifting to reverse.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
zerdian1 said:
GM-4-LIFE, THANKS FOR THE NEW 2016 INFO. I like and enjoy the reconfigurable display. I like that the surround view will be selectable from CUE. Maybe it will be available when pulling into a parking space without shifting to reverse.
See, that can be fixed as a software update on the current 2015i.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
Does anyone know if the cue upgrades will be available to the 15s via a software update, or are they a hardware upgrade?

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
evois said:
What's the difference between lane departure warning vs lane keep assist? Is the escalade going to turn or nudge the steering wheel so it will not cross the shoulder lines? Aside from cosmetic changes, I don't see any major changes like paddle shifters(it would be a great idea), changes in final drive ratio, transmission gear ratios, etc and of course a hybrid version.
Lane departure only warns you of you leaving your intended lane without a turn signal by either beeping or vibrating the seat. LKA can alert AND move the steering back to the correct lane. It can be overridden using a slight amount of force. I can see the advanced parking added to LKA as most higher optioned CTS, XTS already have this.
I am very curious to hear Johan speak about the super cruise feature later, maybe after Chinese auto show when the other power trains details for the CT6 are set to come out. I think there might be some other things about the power trains set to come out soon also, including not just the high feature V6 engines, but diesels also.
My take on the selectable 360 camera view, is either select full screen 360, or front/rear full screen view as the 2015 escalades had full screen rear view. Splitting the screen is not the best IMO.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
My GL has the Active lane keeping assist. What it does is that computers and sensor will detect if the vehicle is going off the lane. It will first give you the warning if you are leaving the lane. If no response, the brakes will activate to keep the car in the lane. Not a bad feature.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
Nihsel10 said:
My GL has the Active lane keeping assist. What it does is that computers and sensor will detect if the vehicle is going off the lane. It will first give you the warning if you are leaving the lane. If no response, the brakes will activate to keep the car in the lane. Not a bad feature.
Just like S class

·
Registered
2007, 2008 CTS
77 Posts
Does anyone know if the LKA utilizes the current hardware of the 2015i ? My assumption is that it is visually based recognizing the road markings utilizing the cameras under the side rear view mirrors, just like lane departure warning. Curious if a 2015i could be retrofit with LKA with a software upgrade.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade, 2015 CTS V-Sport
15 Posts
I agree. I hope this can be had via a software update on the 2015. I hate not being able to turn on the cameras without putting the vehicle into reverse first.

GM-4-LIFE,
THANKS FOR THE NEW 2016 INFO.

I like and enjoy the reconfigurable display.
I like that the surround view will be selectable from CUE. Maybe it will be available when pulling into a parking space without shifting to reverse.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Lane departure only warns you of you leaving your intended lane without a turn signal by either beeping or vibrating the seat. LKA can alert AND move the steering back to the correct lane. It can be overridden using a slight amount of force. I can see the advanced parking added to LKA as most higher optioned CTS, XTS already have this.
I am very curious to hear Johan speak about the super cruise feature later, maybe after Chinese auto show when the other power trains details for the CT6 are set to come out. I think there might be some other things about the power trains set to come out soon also, including not just the high feature V6 engines, but diesels also.
My take on the selectable 360 camera view, is either select full screen 360, or front/rear full screen view as the 2015 escalades had full screen rear view. Splitting the screen is not the best IMO.
After two Mercedes GL's with "lane keeping assist".....I do not want that anymore..... in fact, I turned it off on the Benz. It is annoying, and uses the braking system to keep you directed at the proper lane....great idea, BUTTTTT....puts increased wear on the front brakes....now lane departure warnings, I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
Same here, my last four ESV's have been white diamond.
White Diamond has gold in it. Crystal White has Silver in it. Personally, I prefer White Diamond. My wife would not buy an SRX because she wanted White Diamond and it only came in Crystal White. I agree with her. Glad I got the 2015 WD Platinum.

·
Registered
2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged
677 Posts
CUE upgrades :thumbsup: Thanks for posting this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts