Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
All nice sounding upgrades. I'm with you in considering the new 3.6 over another 2.0T when my lease is up (assuming an ATS-V is still out of reach). I like the added features to the basic Driver Awareness package. I always felt like blind spot alerts should have been included. And obviously any improvements to CUE and voice command are welcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was hoping they would make the Magnetic Ride Control a stand-alone option. If I could get it on a lower trim level then "Premium", I'd own an ATS. It boggles the mind that they have developed a car with driving dynamics that appeal to the enthusiast but don't allow you to order it with just the go-fast stuff. The "Performance" trim level is a joke.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 4 Black Raven 3.6 Premium
1,158 Posts
I was hoping they would make the Magnetic Ride Control a stand-alone option. If I could get it on a lower trim level then "Premium", I'd own an ATS. It boggles the mind that they have developed a car with driving dynamics that appeal to the enthusiast but don't allow you to order it with just the go-fast stuff. The "Performance" trim level is a joke.
I would opt for an ATS again if they would do MRC on an AWD.

·
Registered
2014 ATS4 Performance 3.6L, 2014 Jeep GC EcoDiesel
120 Posts
I would like to see a manual trans with the new V6 along with MRC.
I agree, also would like a performance trim that actually offered something unique, like more aggressive front and rear fascia (actual unique bumpers and not a ugly ground effects kit like on a Toyota Camry), 15mm lower suspension to go with that MRC, better bolstered seats and new wheels with wider offsets and meatier tires.

·
Registered
120 Posts
They make that its called an ATS V :)
lol, yeah but the ATS-V also starts at near $65k and is more than most people want or need. Audi, BMW and Lexus have sport packages that offer the things I mentioned for on a couple thousand more, not $15-$20k more.

A good example is the A4 S-line, which I had before my ATS. It had the same body kit, seats, wheels and lowered suspension as the much more expensive S4, just sans the trick diff and supercharged 6.

·
Registered
ATS
455 Posts
I agree, also would like a performance trim that actually offered something unique, like more aggressive front and rear fascia (actual unique bumpers and not a ugly ground effects kit like on a Toyota Camry), 15mm lower suspension to go with that MRC, better bolstered seats and new wheels with wider offsets and meatier tires.
I agree and give us boost gauge and G-meter in CUE.
Although MRC cars are already lower then FE2 cars, especially compared to AWD.
I parked next to an ATS4 and mine was almost an 1" lower.

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Digital dash! Cooled seats! Don't forget these!!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Agree with most of the above ideas/wants.
Start/stop is the only thing that worries me a bit. On some cars, you can feel it every time the car shuts off and restarts. It feels a lot less riskier on a hybrid car that launches on battery and then starts the motor when rolling. With a hybrid, the car can get moving on battery instantly for a panic start or if the driver needs the move off the line.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 MT
68 Posts
I'm into weight savings.....I'd like a refined 2.0T motor and a less reluctant manual gearbox....

Anthony

----------

I'll be in the minority here but that's the one thing I don't think the car needs. Give me an analog tach and speedometer over a video game display any day.
Agree....at least Ferrari retains an analog tach, but that will go soon too, just like their gated shifter..... ; (

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
I'm into weight savings.....I'd like a refined 2.0T motor and a less reluctant manual gearbox....

Anthony

----------

Agree....at least Ferrari retains an analog tach, but that will go soon too, just like their gated shifter..... ; (
just a semi relevant bit of side trivia ...but the LFA has such a light flywheel and revs so fast Lexus had to use and LCD tach to keep up with the motor

also it seems to me an LCD screen would be lighter than mechanical guages

----------

lol, yeah but the ATS-V also starts at near $65k and is more than most people want or need. Audi, BMW and Lexus have sport packages that offer the things I mentioned for on a couple thousand more, not $15-$20k more.

A good example is the A4 S-line, which I had before my ATS. It had the same body kit, seats, wheels and lowered suspension as the much more expensive S4, just sans the trick diff and supercharged 6.
a loaded V6 Premium RWD is North of $55K depending on color an ATS-V starts at $61,460

·
Registered
120 Posts
a loaded V6 Premium RWD is North of $55K depending on color an ATS-V starts at $61,460
True, but no one pays near MSRP on an ATS, you can the Premium trim ATS easily for $8-10k or more off MSRP (My Performance AWD V6 was discounted nearly to $37k), I doubt there will be any such luck getting a discounted ATS-V any time soon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts