Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Cadillac ATS Sedan Sees A Bevy Of Changes, Updates

Cadillac is giving the ATS Sedan some notable updates for the 2016 model year.
Majestic Plum, Black Diamond and Opulent Blue are replaced by Cocoa Bronze Metallic,
Moonstone Metallic and Stellar Black Metallic, all of which are available at an extra charge.

On the powertrain side, the 3.6L V6 LFX engine is replaced by the all-new 3.6L V6 LGX,
while the 6-speed automatic transmission is swapped for the new 8-speed automatic.
The ATS gains a start/stop system for 2.0
and 3.6.

CUE system gets all kinds of updates, such as improved speed and performance, faster and more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, Bluetooth media streaming, and more. In addition, the system does away with the SD card slot.

There are also changes to the Safety and Security, Driver Awareness, and Driver Assist packages.
The Advanced Security Package now includes a remote locking fuel filler door on the Performance and Premium.

New Features
Exterior color (G1F) Cocoa Bronze Metallic (available at extra charge)
Exterior color (GA6) Moonstone Metallic (available at extra charge)
Exterior color (GB8) Stellar Black Metallic (available at extra charge)
(N08) Remote locking fuel filler door
(LGX) 3.6L V6, SIDI, DOHC, VVT engine (3.6L RWD and AWD)
(KL9) Engine control, start/stop system
(M5N) 8-speed automatic transmission (2.0L Turbo RWD and AWD and 3.6L RWD and AWD)
Changes
Cadillac CUE upgrades include improved system speed and performance, faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, single press mute navigation voice/cancel route, expanded cities with 3D maps, route information and next maneuver and BT Media browsing (PCW)

Safety and Security Package now includes Lane Change Alert, (N08) remote locking fuel filler door, (UKC) Side Blind Zone Alert and (UFG) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (Luxury Collection only)

(Y61) Advanced Security Package now includes (N08) remote locking fuel filler door (Performance + Premium)

(Y65) Driver Awareness Package now includes Lane Change Alert, (UKC) Side Blind Zone Alert and (UFG) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (Performance and Premium)

(Y66) Driver Assist Package no longer includes Lane Change Alert, (UKC) Side Blind Zone Alert and (UFG) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (Performance and Premium)

New V6 Engine: Start Stop - 335hp @6800 285 TQ @5300 8 speed Auto Trans.

----------

With these updates, there is no reason to buy a 2015,
unless the 2015 has big rebates.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 MT
68 Posts
Yeah, but did they redesign the front end to be as aggressive as the '13s and '14s or are we stuck with the bland "refreshed" Camry look? That was enough to persuade me to buy a new '14 leftover over a '15.

----------

....just venting.....long day today ; )

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium
223 Posts
These changes address some of the major complaints about the ATS, namely the bad mileage, the old transmission, and the slow CUE system. Good stuff. I wonder if the 2.0 is going to get any additional power.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
I think these updates are all dealing with items on the top of the list of "issues". Good to see.

With the new, more efficient V-6 and the 8 speed I expect the mileage to go up a decent amount.

·
Registered
15 ATS Coupe 3.6 AWD Premium Adriatic Blue
16 Posts
Dang it, new I should have talked the wife into waiting a few months. Oh well, our 15 is enroute to the dealer now. I am sure it will be way nicer than her 06 CTS.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
tmm2good said:
Dang it, new I should have talked the wife into waiting a few months. Oh well, our 15 is enroute to the dealer now. I am sure it will be way nicer than her 06 CTS.
I've had my 2015 ATS coupe for a few weeks now and the CUE seems plenty fast !! I just don't know what any of the complaints were about. I'm actually glad I got 2015 as I hate that stop start feature on cars what a stupid thing.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
The CUE system on my 2015 ATS is painfully slow.
You should see the CUE system in my 2014. No updates, no anything from GM. I venture to say, the system barely works. Hit the button, say "call mike" the system asks for a city and state!. It hardly ever seems to "hear" me. When it does hear me, it doesn't "understand".

·
Registered
NONE
8 Posts
These sound like solid improvements - the question is how much they're worth. For someone who enjoys spirited driving but will never take the car to the track, if the price was identical would you recommend a 2015 Premium or a 2016 Luxury? The most significant tradeoff seems to be improved drivetrain and CUE in the 2016 vs. the magnetic shocks and limited slip differential in the 2015.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
C "T" ess said:
The CUE system on my 2015 ATS is painfully slow.
What part of it is slow ?? I've been trying to figure out for the past three weeks since getting my 15 ATS coupe what everybody's been complaining about with the CUE system and I'm just not there. The radio works great I push the button it changes the station , voice recognition works great navigation is beautiful I don't get it

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
The upgrades look good and might persuade me to buy a used one in 2017 or 2018.
Unless GM gets very lucky, I'd pass on buying a '16 with a new motor. The outgowing LFX had a lot of miles under it's belt, I'd wait at least a year or two until they work out any teething problems with the new engine. Maybe it works great right out of the box....but I wouldn't bet $ on it. Other than that, sounds like some great changes are comming to ATS land. Hopefully by '17/'18 they also restyle and give it a meaner look.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
Unless GM gets very lucky, I'd pass on buying a '16 with a new motor. The outgowing LFX had a lot of miles under it's belt, I'd wait at least a year or two until they work out any teething problems with the new engine. Maybe it works great right out of the box....but I wouldn't bet $ on it. Other than that, sounds like some great changes are comming to ATS land. Hopefully by '17/'18 they also restyle and give it a meaner look.
I have no interest in the v6. I only buy turbocharged vehicles.

·
Registered
15 ATS Coupe 3.6 AWD Premium Adriatic Blue
16 Posts
I've had my 2015 ATS coupe for a few weeks now and the CUE seems plenty fast !! I just don't know what any of the complaints were about. I'm actually glad I got 2015 as I hate that stop start feature on cars what a stupid thing.
Ya, not to sure about the start-stop yet.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,396 Posts
Fold-down rear seat still not standard? Inexplicable.
At least it is standard now on Performance, really didn't make sense when this model didn't have it.

Pretty sure they all have a button to disable it.

If it works smoothly I actually like it and can't see a negative to it.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These sound like solid improvements - the question is how much they're worth. For someone who enjoys spirited driving but will never take the car to the track, if the price was identical would you recommend a 2015 Premium or a 2016 Luxury? The most significant tradeoff seems to be improved drivetrain and CUE in the 2016 vs. the magnetic shocks and limited slip differential in the 2015.
It remains to be seen if the changes increase the price.

The Perf + Prem have the HID + Signature headlights, more seat
adjustments, driver awareness. Premium RWD has the MRC, higher
perf FE3 susp and summer tires. It's not a good comparison to
compare between Lux + Prem RWD. You either need/want the items
in Premium RWD or not. A good compromise, would be the Perf.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts