Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS coupe 2.0t LTG, AFE cold air Intake, muffler delete, and tune
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start this thread so that I could hear the exhaust note of your 2.0t. I never see other LTGs on the road when I drive and when I do it’s always stock. When I got My ATS coupe, that big suit case muffler just felt like it took the life out of my car. So I bought an Intake and later ended up getting a muffler delete. I’m ready to either buy the Renick performance exhaust or take the cat or res out next. The reasoning behind that is because my LTG at open throttle sounds almost like tire squeal because the exhaust note screams so loud. I’m not sure if it is because of my tune or if that’s just the way the LTG motor sounds when getting the muffler removed. But driving regularly you can barely hear it. It is a very unique sound and I will post a video If I can get some responses but I also want to hear the way your cars sound at open throttle to compare. To me it doesn’t sound ricey but that’s extremely biased since I drive it every day.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,019 Posts
YouTube clips are what persuaded me to buy the Borla 11844 axleback. I like the sound of the Renick too, just bothers me the tips aren't angled to flow with the diffuser. That and most installs I see the tips are sticking out pretty far, but they might have just not cut off enough inward piping. Right now I am planning to remove both the resonator and the 2nd cat since there is no o2 sensor in it, but not sure if losing the 2nd cat will cause a smell. I found the Borla for $298 brand new, that also contributed to the decision hah.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS coupe 2.0t LTG, AFE cold air Intake, muffler delete, and tune
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YouTube clips are what persuaded me to buy the Borla 11844 axleback. I like the sound of the Renick too, just bothers me the tips aren't angled to flow with the diffuser. That and most installs I see the tips are sticking out pretty far, but they might have just not cut off enough inward piping. Right now I am planning to remove both the resonator and the 2nd cat since there is no o2 sensor in it, but not sure if losing the 2nd cat will cause a smell. I found the Borla for $298 brand new, that also contributed to the decision hah.
completely agree with people putting them on two far back but since I have the delete already I figured cutting off a little extra behind my y pipe would be no big deal. And the videos online of the renick aren’t very good and leave you with a lot of questions. how is drone with the borla. My brother has borla on his kia stinger gt2 and the in cabin drone is unbearable. With my muffler delete when i go for drives with other people they always say they can smell me when i open the throttle up. Just depends on your states regulations too I guess. when you get it done send me a video please!! I’m so close to doing it but like i said if it makes that high pitch scream with cats and res gone too it would be hard to not get pulled over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts