Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched the thread up and down and haven't found this answer. I have a couple questions:

----Figured out Q1 ------

2. I notice on the speedo gauges that when my phone rings, it has a place for photo's, HOW do I add these? If I tether it via bluetooth, will this function work?

Thanks,

SC

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Platinum
16 Posts
I have the same problem. it's not specific to Cadillac but many different makes and models of cars and trucks. I haven't found a solution yet myself so I'm interested to see any replies...

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
30 Posts
In order to receive text messages you have to go to your Bluetooth settings on the iPhone then click the i next to Cadillac cue... Then you have to turn on notifications, and keep your phone connected to your car on Bluetooth.. As for the pictures when people call I still have not figured that part out myself.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
79 Posts
Yep - this worked for me also.

iPhone > Settings > Bluetooth > Cadillac CUE > Notifications > On

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In order to receive text messages you have to go to your Bluetooth settings on the iPhone then click the i next to Cadillac cue... Then you have to turn on notifications, and keep your phone connected to your car on Bluetooth.. As for the pictures when people call I still have not figured that part out myself.
Figured that one out today.....still can't figure out the pictures :)

·
Registered
2016 Escalade, 2015 SRX, 2017 XT5
100 Posts
The pictures you see are from contacts that have been saved in your "contacts" folder on your smartphone. Each contact in your "contacts" folder has a spot where you can save an image that is linked to that contact. When any caller that has had an image saved to your contact list calls you, the image is retrieved and displayed automatically.

There are emerging smartphone apps that will automatically (and instantly) match an incoming name and telephone number with all the known social media sites, databases, etc. and grab images for that person from the internet. As you can imagine, privacy advocates aren't too keen on this idea.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
30 Posts
So you have actually had pictures from your contact list show up on the digital speedometer when you place a call? Because I have photos saved for a lot of my contacts and not once has it showed up.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade, 2015 SRX, 2017 XT5
100 Posts
My Galaxy S5 and S6 works every time. I just searched the internet and there are tons of complaints about the iPhone 6's inability to correctly sync with cars. My bet is that it is your phone's problem, and not the CUE.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
My Galaxy S5 and S6 works every time. I just searched the internet and there are tons of complaints about the iPhone 6's inability to correctly sync with cars. My bet is that it is your phone's problem, and not the CUE.
Apple is notorious for these kinds of problems. I have no problem with my Note Edge and Xperia Z3 at all.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
achase said:
Can you post pics with the caller pics in the dash?

·
Registered
Cadillac
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The pictures you see are from contacts that have been saved in your "contacts" folder on your smartphone. Each contact in your "contacts" folder has a spot where you can save an image that is linked to that contact. When any caller that has had an image saved to your contact list calls you, the image is retrieved and displayed automatically.

There are emerging smartphone apps that will automatically (and instantly) match an incoming name and telephone number with all the known social media sites, databases, etc. and grab images for that person from the internet. As you can imagine, privacy advocates aren't too keen on this idea.

I have several photos but none show up on the dash when they call....just the generic "person" logo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts