Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about ready to lease a 2015 3.6 premium awd with 19 inch wheels. I can get a much better price on a performance from my dealer. Performance has 18 inch wheels and the performance seat and instrument cluster. Am having some second thoughts about the premium.
Any opinions good or bad on 18 inch verses 19 inch wheels? Ride? Handling? etc
What about drivers assist? Any opinions? How well do the automatic braking and adaptive cruise control work?
Benefits of the automatic seat belt that is included in the package?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
I have a premium with the 18s. My only concern about the 19s would be ride quality; the run flats are tough as it is.

As far as the other features in the premium package, the adaptive cruise alone makes it worthwhile. I won't own a car again without it. I had it previously on an Infiniti and it was jerky and not smooth. Cadillac has perfected it. It works great. The safety features are outstanding as well.

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
344 Posts
I am just about ready to lease a 2015 3.6 premium awd with 19 inch wheels. I can get a much better price on a performance from my dealer. Performance has 18 inch wheels and the performance seat and instrument cluster. Am having some second thoughts about the premium.
Any opinions good or bad on 18 inch verses 19 inch wheels? Ride? Handling? etc
What about drivers assist? Any opinions? How well do the automatic braking and adaptive cruise control work?
Benefits of the automatic seat belt that is included in the package?
Thanks for any input.
It looks like the only difference between the two are the 19" wheels. The seats and gauge cluster comes standard on the premium and optional on the
performance model. I would go with the best price. I have 18" wheels on my CTS and have no complaints with the ride or handling. Can't help you with the
driver assist as I don't have the package.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
244 Posts
I have the adaptive cruise and will never buy a car with it again. I end up riding behind a slower car on the interstate and many times don't realize it slowed me down. It also leaves too big a gap between cars in the shortest gap setting in my opinion. Some love it and some hate it. I guess I have figured out for me that I do not like the car taking over for the driver. To each his own.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
I like the adaptive cruise, but don't consider it life-changing. It's best use IMHO is in heavy almost "stop and go" traffic.

My passengers all love the "hug" from the automatic seat belt.

·
Registered
CTS 2014
36 Posts
Hi,
I have a CTS Premium with 19" inch wheels and , I think, all the assists, adaptive cruise, self park, lane departure and blind spot detection. They all work well but I am afraid they will turn my into a less competent driver. Ride quality on the 19" wheels is good but some bumps do seem a bit harsh especially if the magnetic ride is set to sport.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a 3.6 AWD Premium with 19 inch wheels. Wonderful car and I like the adaptive cruise and other driver' assist features and the wheels very much.

·
Registered
Black 2014 Vsport Premium
213 Posts
No one mentioned the auto braking, so I will. I've only had it invoke twice. Both times while the car was backing out of the driveway. It shocked me, but I'm glad I have it. It makes a weird sound and just halts the car. I haven't "tested" it otherwise, but I could see it keeping you from hitting something, especially with the backup cam being such a poor resolution.

·
Registered
CTS 2014
36 Posts
In very cold weather I have heard the exhaust smoke sets it off. I had it happen backing up first day with the cts and it was a very uncomfortable feeling almost shocking. There wasn't anything behind me just a strange angle I was attempting into the garage.

·
Registered
CTS 2014
36 Posts
I have the adaptive cruise and will never buy a car with it again. I end up riding behind a slower car on the interstate and many times don't realize it slowed me down. It also leaves too big a gap between cars in the shortest gap setting in my opinion. Some love it and some hate it. I guess I have figured out for me that I do not like the car taking over for the driver. To each his own.
. You can change the size of the gap on the fly for the adaptive cruise.

·
Registered
1994 Eldo TC, 1998 ETC, 1998 STS, 2014 CTS, 2016 CTS, 2017 CTS Premium AWD
387 Posts
I adaptive cruise works great for me and I have no problem with the gap. If you like to tailgate very close, I guess you wouldn't like it. I won't own another car without it.

·
Registered
CTS 2014
36 Posts
Same here I've used adaptive cruise on a few vehicles and the Cadillac system is the best I've driven with for sure!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts