Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I are looking at a 2015 Escalade Platinum. It's got the chrome exhaust tips, wheel locks, the extending foot rail for a total MSRP of $94,865.

We have a Range Rover Sport that we leased from the sister dealership and are trading in about 10 months early. According to KBB we should be pretty much break even on our RR but they are trying to tell us the trade-in is about 2500 upside down (actually RR told us we had positive equity because of our low mileage but the Cadicallac sales person said "Well that's because they are trying to sell you another Range Rover"). Anyway, they want us to pay the 2500 to offset the difference.

The deal they gave was:
94,865 (nothing off MSRP)
2500 we would put down would only pay off our RR.
4.3% APR
55% residual
12k/36months
All told the value comes close to a $1671 tt&l (added 15%) monthly payment.

I think that's pretty crazy and think it should be more like
94865 (fine don't deal on this)
2500 we actually PAY as a down on the car
55% residual
2.25% APR
12k/36months
All told $1440 tt&l

Maybe I wiggle up to $1500 which means I eat my 2500 RR debt but am I crazy here???

THANK!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
jcuzens said:
So my wife and I are looking at a 2015 Escalade Platinum. It's got the chrome exhaust tips, wheel locks, the extending foot rail for a total MSRP of $94,865. We have a Range Rover Sport that we leased from the sister dealership and are trading in about 10 months early. According to KBB we should be pretty much break even on our RR but they are trying to tell us the trade-in is about 2500 upside down (actually RR told us we had positive equity because of our low mileage but the Cadicallac sales person said "Well that's because they are trying to sell you another Range Rover"). Anyway, they want us to pay the 2500 to offset the difference. The deal they gave was: 94,865 (nothing off MSRP) 2500 we would put down would only pay off our RR. 4.3% APR 55% residual 12k/36months All told the value comes close to a $1671 tt&l (added 15%) monthly payment. I think that's pretty crazy and think it should be more like 94865 (fine don't deal on this) 2500 we actually PAY as a down on the car 55% residual 2.25% APR 12k/36months All told $1440 tt&l Maybe I wiggle up to $1500 which means I eat my 2500 RR debt but am I crazy here??? THANK!
I pay less than that and it's financed with no downpayment. Ask them for the supplier discount and that would take care of the trade value difference and negotiate for financed with that monthly payment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, do you mind if I ask what you do pay (not to pry)? This is a 2015 Platinum 4wd? What would the supplier discount look like on a 2015 Platinum 4WD? Appreciate the response and the help on this!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
jcuzens said:
Sorry, do you mind if I ask what you do pay (not to pry)? This is a 2015 Platinum 4wd? What would the supplier discount look like on a 2015 Platinum 4WD? Appreciate the response and the help on this!
Pm'd ya. I have the platinum 4wd with deployable sidesteps as well.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
933 Posts
I pay $1480, no down, 39/month, 12K Lease on 2wd Platinum with electric steps. I have no discounts, etc.
Dealer quoted me a little less on a 4WD Platinum with power steps. No discounts for me either, write a check for first months payment and tags. That payment INCLUDES taxes.

·
Registered
Escalade. 2011 GT 500 Supersnake. 709 rwhp/733 tq
88 Posts
No offens....but for 1671 a month you can drive a Bentley. Why anyone would pay that for a caddie is justbehond me. Think about it, your going to pay 60,156 2/3 of the cost to buy it, just to drive it for 3 years..

Just buy it on a 72 month term for 1400 a month, 0 down at 1.99%.

----------

I'd be happy to get you supplier discount pin if you need it. Just shout me a pm.

Also, I may be able to get you a much better deal as my close friend sells caddies in Tampa fl.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Very helpful and enlightening. We did manage to connect with someone we knew at GM to get the friends and family supplier discount (woohoo!). Our current dealer said that they could do the GSM discounts but not the GSU (which of course we have the GSU). I'm guessing that they were referring to only the truck they had in stock that we were looking at. That's fine. I understand they have an opportunity cost here and they can sell it for more to someone without the discount.

This means, however, that we would do the "build" through the website and order it through the dealer. In this case it really seems like they are brokering the deal and they make a bit of money because they are brokering. My question now is:

1) Any idea how backordered these are? 5 months reasonable (that's what the dealer told us)?
2) They still seem to be able to dictate an APR/residual outside of the discounted price. What's fair here?
3) Not sure if they'll play funny with our trade in. Seems like there was some built in profit for them here as well. RR was going to give us positive equity but that's only because they were also trying to sell a really expensive RR :).

I know #3 is a bit more subjective but it seems like #2 would be more fixed (based off of how much they mark up Ally/US Bank). According to our dealer they use US Bank but when dealing with them they seemed to be pretty unwilling to change a 4% APR.

Thanks again!

----------

For clarification purposes. It seems like with the discount and all things being "ideal" for me it would be

$88,853
$2500 down (they wipe out our trade in completely and the $2500 we put down goes on the car cap)
55% residual
2.25% APR
36 months / 12k year
Total: $1241 tt&l/month

The deal they seem to want to give
$88,853
$0 down (the money down wipes out our trade in "deficit")
55% residual
4% APR
36 months / 12k year
Total: $1441 tt&l/month

So that's a difference of $200/month that basically goes to them and over 36months would be $7200 they make on top of whatever they get from GM on the kickback for the supplier discount (call it 3% for $2665) means they make $9866 on a car to broker it.

5k to broker the deal seems fair so to meet in the middle would mean more like:
$88,853
$1000 down (splits the diff)
55% residual
2.75% APR
36 months / 12k year
Total: $1441 tt&l/month

----------

Whoops, total should be $1320 tt&l

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,752 Posts
If you have to trade with a current vehicle in the lot vs an ordered one, make sure the trade value doesn't change when you actually get delivery.

·
Registered
993 Posts
No offense to Cadillac, but $1,500 is way too much. You can probably lease a GL63 AMG for that much.

Oh, and OP, talk to every single GM dealer in your area and see which one gives you the best deal.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
933 Posts
No offense to Cadillac, but $1,500 is way too much. You can probably lease a GL63 AMG for that much.

Oh, and OP, talk to every single GM dealer in your area and see which one gives you the best deal.
According to payment estimator on mbusa.com, payment for GL63 is $2250 before taxes...same terms $0 down, 36 months, 12k miles/year.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts

So long as you can stomach the maintenance costs of the AMG

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
933 Posts
So long as you can stomach the maintenance costs of the AMG
Agreed! A very good customer is Mercedes man who tries constantly to get me out of my Cadillacs and into a Mercedes, extolling their virtues over my lowly Cadillac. Yet in the same breath he complains that he can't get out of service for less than $1000.

He still doesn't believe that the dealer only charged me $75 for Mobil 1 in my last DTS. He's become even more enraged that its been included on my last 2 Escalades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts