Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question is.....am I the only person enamored with the new mustang fastback? I cannot get over the way it looks, I love it. I love my V too but I think Ford did a great thing bringing back a real fastback. I want a GT with track pack!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
They look fantastic.

I hated them at first, but after seeing it in person at NAIAS last year and getting up-close-and-personal with one in the Ford press booth?

Yeah. I'm in love.

Give me a GT, manual, track pack, and I'm a very happy boy.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Whoa whoa I didn't say I would trade my V for it. But I really love the way it looks and I would love to have one. I think it's a beautiful car and if I could afford both, I would.
Yes, I agree - the new Mustang looks F'ing awesome! What a car! And VERY comfortable inside - I must add.. I don't know WHAT Chevy is going to do to compete with this car - but they're going to need to work. Ford really upped the ante with this car. Not so much on a performance level - but build quality, fit and finish and interior comfort... Oh and, of course, the design. It's a REALLY nice car... Me, personally, I'd keep my CTS-V if I had one over the new Mustang. But that doesn't make the Ford any less fascinating than it is (I used that word in honor of Leonard Nimoy :))...

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
Yes, I agree - the new Mustang looks F'ing awesome! What a car! And VERY comfortable inside - I must add.. I don't know WHAT Chevy is going to do to compete with this car - but they're going to need to work. Ford really upped the ante with this car. Not so much on a performance level - but build quality, fit and finish and interior comfort... Oh and, of course, the design. It's a REALLY nice car... Me, personally, I'd keep my CTS-V if I had one over the new Mustang. But that doesn't make the Ford any less fascinating than it is (I used that word in honor of Leonard Nimoy :))...
Alpha-based Camaro is coming.

Phasers have been set to badass.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree with you on the fit and finish and build quality of the interior. It's very nice on the inside.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I totally agree with you on the fit and finish and build quality of the interior. It's very nice on the inside.
Yeah. I wouldn't care if the Camaro was a tenth of a second faster in the quarter mile. I'd take the Mustang. Now if Chevy can do what Ford did with the interior - my opinion MAY be different.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Ford went huge and fat with the masturbAting.

Oh dear lord, I'm dying! Absolutely dying! I typed in latestbStang. Sometimes I hit the "b" instead of the space bar. And masturbAting was what it corrected to.

----------

Anyway, I think the interior looks typical low rent Ford. The back seat is ultra unusable for such a larger car and it went way up in weight.

The smaller, Alpha Camaro is going to destroy this thing. And from what I'm seeing, look better.

But, a manual Coyote would be a blast. I'm also hearing the 2.3 Ecoboost will take to mods. And that level is cheap...

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
At first I wasn't thrilled with the more "European" styling but it has grown on me. Wouldn't mine having one in addition to my V. :)

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I don't know what the "next" Camaro is going to be like - but this Mustang is on another level concerning interior comfort. Perhaps it doesn't appear pleasing enough to luxury car buyers but comfortable is comfortable - and I've never felt comfortable in any Mustang or Camaro until this new model.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Premium; Previously 2013 ATS 3.6L Auto, 2013 ATS 2.0L Auto
347 Posts
I traded in my 2012 Mustang GT for my ATS and have no regret - superior handling, comfort, and tech. The new 'Stang is Ford's 'world' version to increase potential global sales. It is their first step to move away from the retro S197 platform that fans loved. I am not enamored of it. If Ford wants to move on, then they need to go all the way. Use a clean sheet for design, not this mish-mash of elements. The new GT is overpriced and overweight, killing two key factors in previous Mustangs' advantage.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Have you sat in it? It's not a Cadillac inside but it sure is comfortable.
Yes, I have. But not driven it.

The dash looks the same low rent retro of the last decade. And I didn't notice any significant improvement in driver comfort. But, I've never been bothered by past Mustangs, either...

----------

I traded in my 2012 Mustang GT for my ATS and have no regret - superior handling, comfort, and tech. The new 'Stang is Ford's 'world' version to increase potential global sales. It is their first step to move away from the retro S197 platform that fans loved. I am not enamored of it. If Ford wants to move on, then they need to go all the way. Use a clean sheet for design, not this mish-mash of elements. The new GT is overpriced and overweight, killing two key factors in previous Mustangs' advantage.
I thought the 2.3 I saw stickered at $27G was a good deal if the driving dynamics are what they're saying they are. But overweight? Yeah.

What is ticking me off pretty badly right now is all the fawning over the F150 and its all-aluminum construction. And it still tested less than 100lbs lighter than a comparably equipped Chevy?

Yet, for all the fawning, Ford incorporated none of this wonderful aluminum on an all new Mustang? And it's bloated worse than the Camaro. Which often gets mocked because of its weight.

No thanks. I'll wait for the Camaro...

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
Yet, for all the fawning, Ford incorporated none of this wonderful aluminum on an all new Mustang?
The f150 is the test mule for the aluminum body because it's such a hot seller. The cost of it's implementation will be more easily absorbed than any of it's other models with the high volume of sales.

I'm sure the other vehicles will go to aluminum after they refine the process on the F150.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
Ford did do a very nice job on the New Mustang, and I love the looks. I aagree thou, am kinda peeved though that they did not go with some Al, esp. after the aluminum F-150.
Can't wait to see the new Camaro. ATS based, it ought to be pretty darn light.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts