Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 ATS Coupe Premium. Car is suppose to have Intellibeam but it is not working. I read someplace that you had to push the "Auto" switch on the rear view mirror. I check and there is no switch on the rear view mirror. Maybe it was for a different Cad.

The Adaptive Forward Lighting also seems to be inop.

I went into "Setting" and think I have it set correctly.

Can anyone give me some suggestions.

Thank.

·
Registered
'16 CTS V-Sport Black/'16 CTS Luxury w/V-Sport Pkg White
5,784 Posts
intellibeam is activated with the high beam switch push it forward or back until the green intellibeam light comes on in the IP

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
And if AFL is not working, you are going to get an orange dash light and a 'Service Adaptive Lighting' message.

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I tried your suggestions last night..........it works.

·
Registered
2015 ats coupe
5 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2015 ATS coupe with performance trim. Intellibeam does not work and I believe the adaptive
headlight feature is not working. I don't understand the comments in the thread about pushing the signal stalk forward or back to activate
intellibeam. I tried that and nothing happens. I cannot get the intellibeam icon to display. According the the manual page 6.2,
intellibeam is automatically enabled by having the turn signal lever in the neutral position and setting the exterior lamp control to auto.
Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance
182 Posts
I also have a 2015 and struggled to get the Intellibeam to function then I found the following in the manual on PG 6.3 and it is now working as expected.

The IntelliBeam system can be disabled by the High/Low-Beam Changer or the Flash-to-Pass feature. If this happens, the High/Low-Beam Changer must be activated two times within five seconds to reactivate the IntelliBeam system. The instrument cluster light will come on to indicate the IntelliBeam is reactivated.

·
Registered
2015 ats coupe
5 Posts
Thanks for the input. I was aware of this and have tried it multiple times with no effect.
When is the green icon supposed to appear?
I have even tried taping black plastic over the light sensor foward of the mirror and the light sensor on the dashboard.
This causes the headlights to come on because the car thinks it is dark, but the intellibeam
never works--- no icon, no brights.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance
182 Posts
pizzi725,

My Intellibeam icon(headlight with an 'A' over the headlight) appears when I manually turn the high-beams on/off within 5 seconds. if I turn the high-beams on for more than 5 seconds, when I turn them off the Intellibeam Icon is also turned off until I repeat the on/off within 5 second scenario.

I have found the Intellibeam to be very effective at turning the high beams on and off as appropriate. It needs to be quite dark (no street lighting), no traffic either approaching or ahead & a fairly high speed (I have only noticed mine activate above 60km).

Best of luck. Are you able to try yours out in a rural setting?

·
Registered
2015 ats coupe
5 Posts
Spind
Thanks again for the information.
I will test again using the tips you provided.

I really don't understand why, during the lamp test when starting, the intellibeam icon is the only one that does not display.
It makes one question whether the feature is installed and activated.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
I really don't understand why, during the lamp test when starting, the intellibeam icon is the only one that does not display.
It makes one question whether the feature is installed and activated.

Based on what spind said it looks like you have to be going over a certain speed as well?

·
Registered
2015 ats coupe
5 Posts
Yes, the manual on page 6.2 says over 40 km/hr (25 MPH) but in Splind's case it is 60 km/hr (37 MPH).

I'll be testing this again and will post my results.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
He just said that's when he "noticed", I'm sure its what the manual says. I noticed with other features like collision and lane departure have a trigger point in a similar range but the off is 10 MPH slower.

·
Registered
2015 ats coupe
5 Posts
It works!
Thanks to Splind for his advice.
My mistake was in trying to activate the system by pulling back twice on the high beam changer. This doesn't work you have to push
the stalk forward twice within 5 seconds. When I did this the green icon appeared and the system worked perfectly. I also found that the system
remains active between starts. In my car the brights come on at 30MPH. BTW, when the system is active the green icon does appear
during the startup lamp test.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts