Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of the front struts on my 2015 Escalade need to be replaced as they are dripping fluid all over my garage floor.

Has anybody been able to find a good aftermarket solution strut for this?

It has the electronic ride control so $400 a piece!! Dealership is quoting $1800 but I will be doing it myself.

I have found a kit that can convert these electronically controlled struts back to normal struts which I am considering.

Vehicle is at 67,000 miles.

Thanks in advance. This is my first post and first time owning a GM product.

Optimistically,

Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had mine done at Firestone for around $1200. I looked for a deal on the magnetic ride control struts online and couldn't find a cheaper replacement, it's just an expensive part. After replacing it was like driving a new car so well worth it IMO. Mine went out at around 52,000 miles on my 2015 Escalade so you got more miles out of the originals than I did!

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
2,028 Posts
You pretty much have to pay up to get the OEM magna-ride struts. There may be other options but the OEM struts are still in the top 2 or 3 options.
And those springs on the struts are no joke. They are heavy duty. Normal spring compressors might not get the job done safely if you DIY. just be careful.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Luxury 2005 CTS V6
32 Posts
Hello to all, you guys that have done it can you post what non oem shocks and springs did you get, my escalade is at 77,xxx miles and is leaking from front shocks and it geting bouncy. I see on ebay oem like replacements that are
Magnetic Ride Control shock and its around $500 shipped from pair, i see alot of people got them so if anyone knows how they performed,

also how about these non magnetic shocks and springs , which alot people also got

·
Registered
9 Posts
My front struts went out at about 45,000 miles free replacement. then they went out again along with the rears at 65,000 replacement cost was $100.00 extended warranty which has paid for things very well so far.
JP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My front struts went out at about 45,000 miles free replacement. then they went out again along with the rears at 65,000 replacement cost was $100.00 extended warranty which has paid for things very well so far.
JP
Thanks!

Could the dealer explain how a strut could go bad in 20,000 miles? Is it just a terrible design?

That seems extremely premature and why I am strongly considering going away from the magnetic option. I plan on keeping this car for several years.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
69 Posts
Fox 2.0 Coilovers - #985-02-018

26 turns down will get you to your stock height. They come preloaded at a 2" left.....which you don't want.

·
Registered
818 Posts
2015 Escalade ESV 06 Body style (AWD)
8 Cyl 6.2 8 Spd Auto 8L90

Front
84176631 Options: CK1(6HD,6H3,6H4,6JU,6XF,6XH,6HF); CK1(7HD,7H3,7H4,7JU,7XF,7XH,7HF)

Rear
23290661 Options: CK1(06)(Z95)(EXC ULT); CK1(06)(Z95)

·
Registered
19 ESV Premium &18 XT5 Premium
155 Posts
Had a '15 Denali that one front went out @ 40k. GMC warranty told me to pound salt. Tire Discounters did OEM for $1200. Paired it with another service (replaced the crappy ass Bridgestones) to get 20% off or something of the sort. I magically worked for a company that got another discount (not really). Whatever promo Michelin was running at the time, etc., etc., End result was a MUCH better ride and MUCH cheaper price than the stealer.

To continue my rant, just turned 20k on my Escalade. Starting to slide around corners and spin out at start-ups on wet pavement. Almost can't wait to replace my tires already. Going to from a '12 Suburban to a '15 Yukon to an '18 Escalade, the tires are probably my biggest gripe!

Also surprised you got 77+ out of the struts.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac Escalade - Premium
7 Posts
Hi Guy's! Thanks for this Thread! I am also in this situation. 80k miles on my 2015 and the front struts went out. Question: If I put the FOX Coilovers will there be a fault light that will be activated because the Magnetic ride will not be available.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi Guy's! Thanks for this Thread! I am also in this situation. 80k miles on my 2015 and the front struts went out. Question: If I put the FOX Coilovers will there be a fault light that will be activated because the Magnetic ride will not be available.
Stay OEM
If you need part numbers for your vehicle post your VIN RPO Here

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac Escalade - Premium
7 Posts
Stay OEM
If you need part numbers for your vehicle post your VIN RPO Here
Thanks! $1,650 to replace the two fronts AC Delco Part # 84176631.
I am working with Cadillac Corporate to see if they can help out with the expense since they went out so soon!!! So far I received $100. but I am working on getting additional help. :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks! $1,650 to replace the two fronts AC Delco Part # 84176631.
I am working with Cadillac Corporate to see if they can help out with the expense since they went out so soon!!! So far I received $100. but I am working on getting additional help. :)
If they are retailing them at 659.00 ea + labor I can see the price
They are at Amazon for 385 ea Here 3rd party but you can ask Amazon when they will get stock.
Also at CarID for 333 ea Here

1 - 20 of 35 Posts