Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick update: I have the 2015 Escalade built in 2014 before the new badge. It is the Tahoe-sized Escalade. Love the engine, interior, styling, driving dynamics. No major problems. Upon delivery, there were a few problems (recalls and carpet needed replacement). But am very pleased with the Escalade. CUE remains slow. I like the design of CUE but think that GM needs to recode CUE using Apple/Amazon/Microsoft instead of open source technology.

some things i have noticed: when there is a lot of wind while driving at highway speeds, the door seals are not able to withstand all of the air pressure (only in extreme wind).

I have OnStar and find it helpful for downloading destinations.

Next time I will get the Escalade ESV.

My Wish List for the Escalade:

(1) heated wipers or heating element integrated directly into the windshield (Toyota Highlander has this feature)

(2) better implementation of CUE

(3) more storage bins in the back; better cargo cover. I purchased the cargo net from GM. It is not impressive. GM needs to develop a better cargo cover.

thoroughly enjoy my Escalade, especially as highway speeds

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
As a Floridian, I am completely foreign to the concept of heated wipers.

Where are you from?

Love these '15 Escalades. So imposing on the street.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Quick update: I have the 2015 Escalade built in 2014 before the new badge. It is the Tahoe-sized Escalade. Love the engine, interior, styling, driving dynamics. No major problems. Upon delivery, there were a few problems (recalls and carpet needed replacement). But am very pleased with the Escalade. CUE remains slow. I like the design of CUE but think that GM needs to recode CUE using Apple/Amazon/Microsoft instead of open source technology.

some things i have noticed: when there is a lot of wind while driving at highway speeds, the door seals are not able to withstand all of the air pressure (only in extreme wind).

I have OnStar and find it helpful for downloading destinations.

Next time I will get the Escalade ESV.

My Wish List for the Escalade:

(1) heated wipers or heating element integrated directly into the windshield (Toyota Highlander has this feature)

(2) better implementation of CUE

(3) more storage bins in the back; better cargo cover. I purchased the cargo net from GM. It is not impressive. GM needs to develop a better cargo cover.

thoroughly enjoy my Escalade, especially as highway speeds

Just a comment on #2..... i have the 2015i and have no clue with regard to what CUE was or has been, but I am impressed with how quickly it responds and how easy it is to use...the proximity sensor comes up, you touch and bing! you are at the segment you want to be at ...nav, climate, whatever! The Benz system i came from was SO convoluted!!!!1

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
The only thing I like about the old nav is it will list the upcoming exits and indicate if there are services/POI available, how many miles to the next exit etc.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
The only thing I like about the old nav is it will list the upcoming exits and indicate if there are services/POI available, how many miles to the next exit etc.
Agree on the exits aspect.....my Benz nav had that and it was very helpful, wish it was on the Caddy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts