Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having just finished the deal on a platinum what tips or tricks in terms features, add ons etc did you do to your new ride? 1. Just scheduled an install for a clear bra xpel ultimate $995 2. Are there two cruise control buttons? I read that driver assistance is on the right 3. We know it 2wd for best mileage and 4auto all the time. 4hi only during snow/ice 4. Oem oil according to the OM is 0w/20? I'll check if there is mobil 1 EP with the grade. 5. Any PDI tips? I know someone mention the cargo rails for scratches. 6. Will use my old dual McGard wheel locks. 7. Will try to see if the camera can be adjusted for whiteout. 8. Just fitted my weather tech fitted mats from my hybrid to the platinum and it's okay fit. More.......,? 9. I noticed the sport ride feels like my hybrid with MRC. 10. How long did it take to transfer the XM subscription to your new ride?

11. Any molded mudflaps installed on retractable sidesteps?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just figured out if you drive slowly to enter your garage, the front camera as well as the 360 degree kicks in. What a cool feature!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
Just figured out if you drive slowly to enter your garage, the front camera as well as the 360 degree kicks in. What a cool feature!
Yeah when you drive close to an obstacle less than a feet away, the camera will show. The owners manual says it.

My GL550 doesn't do that. I have to go to system, then 360 camera when I am under 20 mph. I wish there was a way to access the 360 cameras through the CUE when the vehicle is stopped or under 20 mph.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I only get my front camera to work when parking slowly by shifting first to reverse than shift back to drive.
but my parking space is all grey concrete and no while lines or reflectors on corners or edges.
will et some colorful chalk and reflects to see how that helps in parking in such a tight space.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zerdian1 said:
I only get my front camera to work when parking slowly by shifting first to reverse than shift back to drive. but my parking space is all grey concrete and no while lines or reflectors on corners or edges. will et some colorful chalk and reflects to see how that helps in parking in such a tight space.
I did this reverse first until I forgot to do it then the front camera, yes front camera instead of the rear backup camera showed up on the screen.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Since I have a platinum with suede or alcantara leather, any suggestions in maintenance of the alcantara? I know I will use my Lexol or Zymol leather cleaner and protector on the actual leather. Has anybody tried the suede spray you buy for the UGGs shoes or Air Jordan suede leathers? BTW my dealer gave me three pairs of headphones and three remotes. I know the big iPad sized remote is for the ceiling DVD. The two others are not identical however.

·
Registered
2015 ESCALADE ESV 2015 CTS 2018 XT5. 2018 CT6
418 Posts
Can someone tell me if you can time adjust the entry lighting of the exterior lights. I know you can adjust the exit lighting up to 120 seconds but that does not effect the 30 seconds that the lights stay on when you hit the unlock button. I'm pretty sure I looked thru all the Cue settings for this but I may have missed it. 30 seconds is not long enough for me to walk to the vehicle and get everyone loaded before the exterior light go off. Currently I just hit the unlock button again and the 30 seconds starts over, but it would be nice to not have to do that.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anybody charge their iPhone 6plus wirelessly? I was waiting for the battery icon to show up to no avail. Does it show up in your phone or the infotainment?

----------

BTW the OM says to press and hold the retractable sidesteps to activate it or deactivate it to those in the snow belt states.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Has anybody charge their iPhone 6plus wirelessly? I was waiting for the battery icon to show up to no avail. Does it show up in your phone or the infotainment?

----------

BTW the OM says to press and hold the retractable sidesteps to activate it or deactivate it to those in the snow belt states.
iPhones are not configured for wireless charging without adding an aftermarket adapter.....and.....from what I have been told, that only works "some of the time"

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I added adapter and it is what i have been charging my phone in the car and in the home.
Disadvantage is that it beep when it is charged until someone (usually my wife in the middle of the night) removed it from the charger.
I have two devices.
One (the one in the home) works more easily than the other.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zerdian1 said:
I added adapter and it is what i have been charging my phone in the car and in the home. Disadvantage is that it beep when it is charged until someone (usually my wife in the middle of the night) removed it from the charger. I have two devices. One (the one in the home) works more easily than the other.
Where did you buy it? What's it called? Pics?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I got the Qi adapter and the two chargers at Amazon.

Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad for All Qi Compatible Devices Including Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S5 SV, Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, Droid Turbo and other Phones w...

iQi Mobile - New & Improved 0.5mm Thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5C, 5S For a Soft Case

it is on my iPhone so I can't take a photo.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zerdian1 said:
I got the Qi adapter and the two chargers at Amazon. Koolpad Qi Wireless Charger Pad for All Qi Compatible Devices Including Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S5 SV, Nexus 4, 5, 6, 7, Droid Turbo and other Phones w... http://s50.photobucket.com/user/zerdian1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd7cbae10.jpg.html http://s50.photobucket.com/user/zerdian1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps27679f6f.jpg.html http://s50.photobucket.com/user/zerdian1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps238f6f15.jpg.html iQi Mobile - New & Improved 0.5mm Thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5, 5C, 5S For a Soft Case it is on my iPhone so I can't take a photo.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium, 2015 Escalade Premium, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
50 Posts
iPhones require an additional device to work with wireless charging. Since the charging is induction there must be a "receiver" in the phone that converts the magnetic energy to electricity and then uses that to charge the battery. You will need to shop for a device that will attach to your phone. Some look just like a phone case but the do make the phone a little more bulky. I understand that some competing models (i.e. Samsung, LG and etc) do have that feature built in already.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay the dealer just gave me a loaner. And after driving it for the day and about to return it, this thing happens? Don't use defrost in 3 degree weather in your escalade. Yes it's the same loaner that had the vibration as well but this time around they must have fixed it.

The windshield just cracked where the hot air comes out.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
Okay the dealer just gave me a loaner. And after driving it for the day and about to return it, this thing happens? Don't use defrost in 3 degree weather in your escalade. Yes it's the same loaner that had the vibration as well but this time around they must have fixed it.

The windshield just cracked where the hot air comes out.
I use my defroster all the time, both front and back, in single digit weather. Not a problem.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well maybe it was a fluke. The service manage said he saw a stone chip. It just popped while on defrost and parked, so it can't be a 3rd rock from the sun. The crack was exactly in the middle where the hot air comes out of the dash.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One more, keep it in 4auto until summer. While driving south along I-55 last night, was passing a semi at 78mph while on a turn then under a bridge when I notice a nice piece of ice patch! I was waiting for the escalade to slide as I just changed it to 2WD in my last stop as the road was all dry-nope! Split reaction had me just go straight through the wide ice patch then controlled it when traction was recovered waiting where the rear will point and got ready to point towards that direction. Whew!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As we all know the 6.2 L V8 is super quiet during normal cruising and only gets to flex its exhaust unless you press on the gas and let it rip. Unlike my 2013 RRS where any speed and rpm the exhaust has been tuned to deliver a nice sound stock, it's hard with the new escalade until now! If put in M mode, the downshifts or gear lesser makes the escalade exhaust vocals alive without driving it like a madman. It sends chills to their spine when other drivers hear it! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts