Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cadillac escalade with 62,000 on it and it rides so rough. I brought it to the dealership and they said it was the struts. I find it strange bc I have low miles. Also the dealership said the struts are on back order. It can take 6 to 8 weeks. Are you freaking kidding me. Has anyone experience this problem?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes. The struts are very expensive, and they tend to "wear out" anywhere between 50K and 80K miles. Been there, done that, got the new struts. But, it'll ride like a Cadillac when they're replaced!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Been trying to find oem struts for 5-6 months now. No luck unless you pay dealer price
I tried to go non-dealer when I had to have ours replaced. I even toyed with the idea of going to a non-magnetic suspension (which, with the right technical know-how, can be done), but the truck suspension place I was trying to work with quoted me more than the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go to Amazon and get you some struts. I paid $425 for two front struts a 1 year warranty and paid $150 for installation. Dealership tried to charge me $2250 for parts and labor. Drives like new now!

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV Premium
326 Posts
Other option would be Rock Auto. I bought from them for all 4 corners and saved lots. Even had them shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
19 ESV Premium &18 XT5 Premium
144 Posts
Had a '15 Denali. Had to replace the fronts 4k miles out of warranty. GMC told me to pound salt. Tire Discounters bought them from GM and did it cheaper than GMC. Still $11-1200ish.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
193 Posts
Had a '15 Denali. Had to replace the fronts 4k miles out of warranty. GMC told me to pound salt. Tire Discounters bought them from GM and did it cheaper than GMC. Still $11-1200ish.
So that was 1100/1200 for both fronts? That's not bad at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts