Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a beautiful 2015 escalade, I love the car. However, I have major defects. 5 months after purchase check engine light was going on. after 9 days in the service department they had to put in a new fuel injector. 3 months later, I had a vibrating/humming noise on the driver side as I accelerated. In April the had to rebuild/replace the front differential. the noise is back again and I will be taking my brand new car in for servicing again. Has anyone had these issues?

·
Registered
2015 escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I saw the posts. My state has one of the best lemon laws in the US so I will pursue that if needed. I did not purchase a used vehicle nor a vehicle I should have to rebuild piece by piece. I love the car but will not tolerate spending that amount of money on a defective car. We will see what dealer says this week when they look at this issue. It is very loud and the same problem they repaired in April!!

12,778 Posts
Thanks. I saw the posts. My state has one of the best lemon laws in the US so I will pursue that if needed. I did not purchase a used vehicle nor a vehicle I should have to rebuild piece by piece. I love the car but will not tolerate spending that amount of money on a defective car. We will see what dealer says this week when they look at this issue. It is very loud and the same problem they repaired in April!!
Hi ameilA,

We're glad to hear that you're loving your beautiful Escalade, but we're sorry about what you've experienced and any inconvenience this has caused. When are you visiting the dealer this week? We'd like to research your situation further, so please private message us your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and contact info. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Vivian K.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I continue to have issues with the 2015i Escalade I took delivery of back in November.

I dropped the car off at the dealership late yesterday with a long list of items that need to be addressed.

It's ridiculous for an $85K luxury SUV to have issues like this.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,455 Posts
How much one paid for a car is not relevant, a $20,000 car shouldn't have these types of problems, no car should.

·
Registered
Escalade
102 Posts
How much one paid for a car is not relevant, a $20,000 car shouldn't have these types of problems, no car should.
Absolutely!

However, when i read issues about a rebuild of a front axle on a brand new car, i allways remember when i made my oil change on the front axle last year on my 07 escalade. The axle did not show any loss of oil, it was dry like a desert. But: inside the axle was less than 1 quart of axle oil, where it should be almost 2 quarts.... And have a look at the magnetic drain plug:

So i drove the car for years with less than 50% oil in the front axle.... and that is how it came from the factory!

·
Registered
Escalade
102 Posts
The manufacturer and the dealer who performed the regular maintenance after delivery.

A car should come from the factory with the correct amount of fluids to operate the car - first fault. The dealer who performed regular maintenance should realize there is not enough oil in the axle - second and third fault.
The car was at various dealerships for regular inspection until warranty expired. From that time on i did the maintanance. It took me not much to find out the axle is running on 50% fluid....

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I have experienced this same thing and it really is the dealer's fault for not doing a proper pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and the big problem is MOST dealers across the country don't do a full PDI and they assume the factory didn't make any mistakes. We all know the factory makes plenty of mistakes and it's the dealer's fault for not catching it and letting the consumer find the issues. I don't know why GM doesn't make mandatory dealer PDI checklists for dealers to follow. GM needs to overhaul their dealers' service facility and make it a true luxury experience and not one that is identical to a Chevy dealer's service and PDI procedures.

·
Super Moderator
6,455 Posts
Never assume someone has done something that you think they should. Shame on the factory for not filling the diff properly, shame on the dealer for not doing a proper PDI, shame on the dealer for not properly servicing your car, but,, shame on YOU for driving your car without the proper amount of oil in the diff.

I agree the car never should've left the factory like that, or been delivered without the problem being corrected. IIRC there were some write ups about checking the diff fluids because other members had the same problem and shared in open forum.

How's the old adage go??,,,if you want something done right, do it yourself..

·
Registered
2011 Escalade
115 Posts
Mr holland, I'm sorry, but that is an absolutely RIDICULOUS argument.... I sell consumer goods, I can afford to drive a nice car, I can and will pay someone to keep my car performing well. I do NOT change my own oil, but I DO trust in others to do a proper job that I've paid for. $20k, or $90k dollar car, this should not happen, we all agree there... This blame falls SQUARELY on GM, and then their luxury car dealer network for not doing their job. The salvation comes on ameilA for finding this out on his own, before he did irreparable damage to the vehicle. If it was my car, I'd STILL be driving it, and would have no idea anything was wrong till I was on the side of the road...

·
Super Moderator
6,455 Posts
I've posted 5 comments (now, I think) in this thread, none of which were directed at the OP.

The first was because someone remarked their expensive car shouldn't have these problems. The second and third were directed toward someone that admittedly drove their car for years with half the required amount of oil in one of its components.

My comment to ameilA would be -- wow, what you're going through really stinks. I too wish there was better customer service available. But, when a new model redesign is introduced there are always going to be problems, regardless of the brand. An example would be someone purchases a brand new redesigned 2007 Escalade only to discover the front diff had half the required amount of oil.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
I am siding with Mr. H on this. Since the 2015 is the very first year of the new 4th Gen Escalade, you better brace yourself with some teething pains and problems. As time goes on, things will improve and get better.

I have experienced problems with my 2007 ESV with a busted tailgate and cracked windshield caused by the rain sensing wipers, but kept buying new Escalade ESVs from 2010, and now have the 2013 Platinum at present which I love to death. To be really honest, the best made is the ones before the new redesigns are made.=

If people still don't want to wait that long, it's ok and no one is going to hold you back for his/her decision.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Never assume someone has done something that you think they should. Shame on the factory for not filling the diff properly, shame on the dealer for not doing a proper PDI, shame on the dealer for not properly servicing your car, but,, shame on YOU for driving your car without the proper amount of oil in the diff.

I agree the car never should've left the factory like that, or been delivered without the problem being corrected. IIRC there were some write ups about checking the diff fluids because other members had the same problem and shared in open forum.

How's the old adage go??,,,if you want something done right, do it yourself..
For those who are capable, have the knowledge and equipment to do it themselves, yes do it yourself and shame on them.

However many of us don't possess these qualities and therefore we trust that the manufacturer and dealer should do their job right. If this is in fact an issue, a TSB should have been issued to correct this issue so, shame on GM. For those of us who are new to owning an Escalade and have not read that thread, we would never have known to even ask the dealer to look for such an issue so, shame on the dealer. For the rest of us who don't have the knowledge, skills or equipment, on our next dealer service it would be prudent to inquire as to whether this is an issue on our trucks given that we now possess this information.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Platinum
19 Posts
Mr. Holland, your comments about someone checking their own diff oil is absolutely absurd. Just because you possess the knowledge to do so doesn't mean that everyone should check their own diff oil. When you take your vehicle to a dealership, you should expect that they are doing what is stated or expected for a tune up procedure. Since I know how to repair electronics it would not be fair to me to expect someone to know what I do and tell them "Shame on YOU" for not calibrating your system properly. Since I am an engineer for a Manufacuturer then the customer expects i will tune and calibrate everything to OEM specs. If I take my car to the OEM dealership, I expect everything to be tuned up and adjusted to OEM specs.

·
Super Moderator
6,455 Posts
Dealership quick lane is full of 20 yr old kids making $10 an hr. Why do you think the gentlemans 2007 was only filled half way??

This is also precisely why I refuse to allow the dealer to wash my car. The rag in the bottom of the soap bucket that was used to wipe down the tires and wheels of the previous car will more than likely be the same rag used to clean the hood of your car. Ever wonder how all those tiny scratches ended up on your car?

I accept that many may not possess the knowledge required to check the oil level in a differential. That said, the internet is a very powerful place, one of which that can provide guidance for many tasks. Checking oil isn't rocket science, its certainly nothing compared to engineering.

"One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable (I might substitute lazy, inexperienced or uncaring) some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them."

Of course that quote may be a bit much, but perhaps it can illustrate point. And just because I use a quote doesn't necessarily mean I agree with 100% of the authors other quotes.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
mrholland the dealer I goto doesn't have 20 year olds working there

I have seen this to be true though for a local(now under different ownership) ford dealer that used to be a gm dealer(it was the same workers after they changed to ford but haven't been back since the new owner took over and I have no reason to)

But not all dealers have young inexperienced workers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts