Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new member here. Looking for some advice.

Has anybody downsized all the way from 22" -> 18"? I found a couple of threads about 20", but none about 18" for a 2015+ Escalade ESV.

I'm thinking 255/70R18. Mostly, I'm worried about the brakes fitting the smaller wheels. Can anybody confirm if they'll fit?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all, new member here. Looking for some advice.

Has anybody downsized all the way from 22" -> 18"? I found a couple of threads about 20", but none about 18" for a 2015+ Escalade ESV.

I'm thinking 255/70R18. Mostly, I'm worried about the brakes fitting the smaller wheels. Can anybody confirm if they'll fit?

Thanks!!
Great thread. I‘d love to see some pics and hear if the brakes work with no adjustments, and of the ride quality, etc. I’m thinking of doing the same to my 2018 ESV, for both winter and sand driving. I’m looking at the oem GMC 18’s w/Cooper AT3 XLT E

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I went from 285/45R22 to 265/65/R18 which were winter treads from our previous 2009 Esclade ESV. So it first started to studder on shifting around 35mph but then I turned the trailer switch on and it eliminated the shimmy completely. I'm not sure if the system is recalibrating itself or if it can't be done with this size setup. Going for a multi-road type drive now and will report back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I went from 285/45R22 to 265/65/R18 which were winter treads from our previous 2009 Esclade ESV. So it first started to studder on shifting around 35mph but then I turned the trailer switch on and it eliminated the shimmy completely. I'm not sure if the system is recalibrating itself or if it can't be done with this size setup. Going for a multi-road type drive now and will report back.
Thanks my man. I think I’m going 20OEM black GMC Wheels w/caddy insert and 28560r20 Cooper Discoverer AT3s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I went ahead and put the 255/70R18s on. I've been driving on them for about a week now and they work great. Plenty of clearance for the calipers and no issues that I've noticed. Smooth ride too!

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV | Dark Graphite | Shale
15 Posts
Sweet Cadi I love all of the whiteout trim / grille / etc.

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts