Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took delivery of a new Escalade that I love. One feature that I was surprised to see missing was texting functionality in CUE. I know some of the later builds have this capability - does anyone know if, through software updates, this can be enabled? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I recently took delivery of a new Escalade that I love. One feature that I was surprised to see missing was texting functionality in CUE. I know some of the later builds have this capability - does anyone know if, through software updates, this can be enabled? Thanks in advance!
I was curious about this myself. Mine didn't let me do this (even though people with the same phone are using it to text on the CTS models with CUE). Even after updating CUE to the latest software revision, I still don't have the capability.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought perhaps I had seen a bulletin noting this was possible. If anyone is aware please pass along.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I went through all the CUE options and setup and see nothing pertaining to texting, however the manual references it (and I've heard from other Cadillac owners they can do this).

Not sure why it's disabled or not working on mine. But whatever, I have bigger problems right now, lol.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine Bluetooth on phone does not have a texting option to select - just "sync contacts".

·
Registered
2016 Escalade, 2015 SRX, 2017 XT5
100 Posts
Let's start troubleshooting by eliminating the obvious: is your phone successfully paired, i.e., can you use the CUE to receive phone calls over the vehicle's audio system?

----------

Next, can you access your phone's music files by playing them through the CUE?

Finally, how old is your phone? There have been several versions of the Bluetooth link over the years with various levels of capability.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Let's start troubleshooting by eliminating the obvious: is your phone successfully paired, i.e., can you use the CUE to receive phone calls over the vehicle's audio system?

----------

Next, can you access your phone's music files by playing them through the CUE?

Finally, how old is your phone? There have been several versions of the Bluetooth link over the years with various levels of capability.

In my case, my phone is paired, can view files on CUE, music working, everything. There's no texting option on CUE though. I've confirmed people are using the same phone with texting on a CTS CUE system.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an iPhone 6 and a 5S, both can make/receive calls, both can stream music, and both can download address book, but no ability to text nor texting icon in CUE.

·
Registered
'15 ESV, '12 CTS
126 Posts
The 15's do not have a "Text" icon such as other models of Cadillac have had off and on since '13. I do not know if the 15i 's are now coming with a Text icon or not. Or if they're working universally or only for some phone models. I understand that one has a higher likelihood of success with an Apple over an Android. Of course it would be as simple as a software upgrade someday; maybe they'll toss it in with the seat memory feature they forgot, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
davidaugust111 said:
The 15's do not have a "Text" icon such as other models of Cadillac have had off and on since '13. I do not know if the 15i 's are now coming with a Text icon or not. Or if they're working universally or only for some phone models. I understand that one has a higher likelihood of success with an Apple over an Android. Of course it would be as simple as a software upgrade someday; maybe they'll toss it in with the seat memory feature they forgot, but I wouldn't hold my breath...
My 2015i platinum has a text icon.

D

·
0 Posts
Cadillac sort of misrepresents this SMS Text feature its even pictured in the brochure and website but I have a 2015 and no icon. I have paired multiple android, iphone and no icon. I'm disappointed cars in the 30k have this feature. I think this has been brought up before and it continues to be a open question for some of us. I also wonder when we will get updates or apps? I think that was promised in the brochure and website and still nothing from Cadillac. I would give Cadillac a break if this tech was brand new, but its not its been tested in other model Cadillacs for years and they were also promised updates that never came. I just expect the icon would be available.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Text:
from CUE UM:

Settings: See “Text Settings” later in this section.
Reply: Press to reply using a predefined text message. See “Text Settings.”
Call: Press to place a call to the sender of the text message.
Viewing a Text Message
While viewing a text message:
. Press Reply to reply using a predefined text message.
Predefined Messages
These are short text messages that can be used to send so responses will not have to be typed.
The messages can be deleted or a new message can be added.
To add a new message:
1. Press Text Settings, then press Manage Predefined Messages.
2. While in the predefined messages list view, select Add New Predefined Message and a keyboard displays.
3. Type a new message and press NEW MSG when done to add
the message. Press the [ Back screen button to go back to the predefined messages list. Press z to delete one character at
a time.
Memory Full
This message may display if there is no more room on the phone to store messages.
Unless information is deleted out of the vehicle Bluetooth system, it will be retained. This includes phone
pairing information. For directions on how to delete this information, see “Deleting a Paired Phone.”
Text Messaging
Text Menu
Inbox: Press to display incoming messages. To view a message, press on the name of the sender.
Press > to listen to the text message. Press the [ Back screen
button to go back to the previous menu.
Press Call to place a call to the sender of the text message.
If equipped, the infotainment system may allow text messages to be received and replied to. Received
messages can also be read aloud.
Viewing Sender Information
Select a Predefined Message:
Press to select from a set of quick messages. Press the message
to send.

Text Settings
Text Alerts: When on, this feature will display an alert when a new text message has been received. Press to turn on or off.
Manage Predefined Messages:
Press to add, change, or delete predefined messages.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Weird,

I have no text icon. I have no text settings at all. There's absolutely no reference to any texting or SMS on my CUE system at all.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Same here. No icon, no ability to add setting. Perhaps Cadillac could comment whether an update is available for owners of 2015's that don't have (particularly given some do, as shown)?

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
You can have the SMS app added. I did. I had to pull out the HMI box and send it to White Audio and Media services. They also enabled the start up sounds, video in motion, and more video playback compatibility.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
OneStepAhead said:
You can have the SMS app added. I did. I had to pull out the HMI box and send it to White Audio and Media services. They also enabled the start up sounds, video in motion, and more video playback compatibility.
Any pics or links of what you mean by this? Start up sounds?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts