Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took others, yet thought the Cadillacs were the best (naturally). Loved the ATS-V.

Attachments

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Why did GM have an ELR at the show? From everything I've read it has been a monumental flop. Even with huge price cuts of $30k+ there are almost 800 out of 2,000 built for model year 2014 still sitting on dealership lots today.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wandered around the Cadillac area for some time. People weren't paying much attention to the ELR at all. It is a remarkably beautiful car, yet I think savvy consumers have recognized (at its core) it is an extremely well dressed Chevrolet Volt with high-end refinements. I can believe there are a surplus of '14 remaining. From my understanding, Cadillac mandated all of its dealerships to take one ELR into inventory.

The main draws appeared to be the ATS V coupe and the Escalades. I also noticed a departure from previous auto shows where the CUE system was prominently featured and touted. There was no mention of CUE - and certainly no standalone displays highlighting its capabilities were to be seen (as had been the case in previous years).

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
The Escalade couldn't have been attracting attention. Nobody wants a big, RWD, body on frame, V8 powered Cadillac anymore. All the cognocenti on this forum keep telling me so! :p

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,718 Posts
They didn't highlight CUE at NAIAS 2014 either.

It's old news, lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... and bad news, too!

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
The Escalade couldn't have been attracting attention. Nobody wants a big, RWD, body on frame, V8 powered Cadillac anymore. All the cognocenti on this forum keep telling me so! :p
Yep, no rich soccer moms on this forum...

----------

BTW, that's like saying the Honda Ridgeline should sell like Camrys because it's a unibody with an auto and a 6 cylinder...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts