Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent this past weekend in Lost Wages for the CLC's Las Vegas Region's annual Cadillac Through the Years show. If you all are anywhere close to Vegas, you owe it to yourselves to check this show out. They put it on once a year, in mid-April. Next year will be really interesting as they're also hosting the national CLC's Grand National show, which usually draws a couple hundred Cadillacs and LaSalles from all over the US and Canada.

I drove Rebecca up Friday with another member from my region. Saturday morning we went to a local cars and coffee event. Very interesting for the sheer size and variety of cars. Here's a sample.

Some people have WAY more room than I have!

Special for Roo.

You don't expect a Packard at one of these.

A trio of mean machines.

And a not-so-mean machine. :lol:

I'd take either of these stunning convertibles.

There was also the usual assortment of muscle cars, pony cars, and '57 Chevys. :yawn:

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sunday was the Cadillac show. My buddy Gary drove his 1970 FWB up from San Diego, and we managed to score the best parking places in the whole show--all day shade! You may laugh, but this is a thing in Vegas.

Gary's 70.

Rebecca is shy.

Broughams! (Well, a few of them. There were about six all together.)

Newer Cadillacs are always welcome. :)

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebecca was (for once) not the only one of her kind in attendance.

Love the first gen FWD Eldorados. :drool:

Also wouldn't say no to either of these beauties!

From the files of :wtf:

----------

More Roo bait.

The antique mall.

Full album here: http://s197.photobucket.com/user/cmchally/library/2015 CTTY

Rebecca performed beautifully on the trip up and back, and even managed to be voted one of the top 20 cars of the show. Even better was that traffic was miraculously light both ways! Usually traffic back to LA from Vegas on a Sunday night is an absolute misery. Looking forward to next year! :)

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Very cool Craig!
I am working on a plan with CadForce69 to come to the nationals next year.
He wants to drive Rte 66 and I want to go to California so we are trying to figure out a way to make both happen.
The plan is I come to Grand National in Guido, meet Ruben and his better half, enjoy the show, we all drive on to CA together, then I fly home and Ruben drives Rte 66 in Guido back to Chicago.
Lots of details to go on that plan, but look forward to seeing you there.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Must be a new thing to bring people to Vegas.
They just had a MATS (Mopars at the Strip) show there.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool Craig!
I am working on a plan with CadForce69 to come to the nationals next year.
He wants to drive Rte 66 and I want to go to California so we are trying to figure out a way to make both happen.
The plan is I come to Grand National in Guido, meet Ruben and his better half, enjoy the show, we all drive on to CA together, then I fly home and Ruben drives Rte 66 in Guido back to Chicago.
Lots of details to go on that plan, but look forward to seeing you there.
That would be so cool, Dave! Hope you guys can make it happen! :thumbsup:

Must be a new thing to bring people to Vegas.
They just had a MATS (Mopars at the Strip) show there.
This is the tenth year the Vegas CLC has done this show, so not new for the Cadillac crowd! :)

You've got me intrigued for next year now. Driving across the country in my brougham would be fun.
Having driven Rebecca across the country multiple times, I can attest that it is. :cool:

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
You have a great eye when it comes to capturing different eras and types of American cars at these events. I appreciate that you take so many photos to share with us, and I plan on checking out the full album here in a few minutes. There is a photo of a blue two-door custom Brougham with a white vinyl top. I'm curious if you got any other information about the car. It looks like it may have been a funeral flower car, but I can't see enough of the back. Or maybe some kind of common custom for it's time I just don't know about?

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
You've got me intrigued for next year now. Driving across the country in my brougham would be fun.
If you decide to hit me up, we can caravan!:highfive:

You have a great eye when it comes to capturing different eras and types of American cars at these events. I appreciate that you take so many photos to share with us, and I plan on checking out the full album here in a few minutes. There is a photo of a blue two-door custom Brougham with a white vinyl top. I'm curious if you got any other information about the car. It looks like it may have been a funeral flower car, but I can't see enough of the back. Or maybe some kind of common custom for it's time I just don't know about?
You are right about Craig's eye for cars.
Notice he spare us the pony cars?
Nothing against them, everyone has a different dream car, but every show has so many of them and 57 Chevy's.
I feel like I can build one from memory.
I much prefer the old Pacer. Wouldn't want to own or drive it, but damn glad someone does, and shows it.
Need more base 4 door sedans and wagons in the collector universe.IMO

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Sunday was the Cadillac show. My buddy Gary drove his 1970 FWB up from San Diego, and we managed to score the best parking places in the whole show--all day shade! You may laugh, but this is a thing in Vegas.

Gary's 70.

Rebecca is shy.

Broughams! (Well, a few of them. There were about six all together.)

Newer Cadillacs are always welcome. :)

Nice to see that 1939 Packard 120 convertible. There is always something special about those Packards!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That car is a standard Brougham that was converted into a pickup truck kind of like El Camino . It's definitely different .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts