Cadillac Owners Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
RippyPartsDept said:
First off, no North American market car will be made in China - that's not going to happen, trust me

Secondly, these days BMW markets their vehicles on "German Engineering" not Made in Germany
that's because many of their vehicles are no longer Made in Germany
nothing wrong with that if you ask me
I'd rather BMW make their North American vehicles in North America and not ship them across the Atlantic

Thirdly, the ATS is being built in the same Michigan factory the CTS is built in (on the same production line as a matter of fact)
they've added shifts and employees in the last couple months (about 1000 jobs added i think)

i get your point (and i'll agree it's old fashioned) :cool2:
While your thurs point is excellent and I wished they would have kept SRX production in Lansing you fail to recognize or acknowledge that Cadillac is perceived as an "American Brand" that most buyers probably assume are made in USA. Yep , tons of buyers don't care where the product is made but I bet most do.

Most importantly the reason it is sad that list people don't care is to your point. That "the industry does it" get use to it way of the works etc etc. well, I'll end on this note. That's why the United States Olympic team wire "made in China" uniforms. Attitudes like the one your highlighting ( true as they may be) is the reason why 95% of cloths are made overseas mostly by children and slave laborers in China.

Buy American and stand up for it !!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Sorry for the typos but this damn Chinese made iPhone !

One more point in the "Made in Germany ". If you asked any German they would tell you that having products made in their homeland is utmost important to them. The Germans are extremely loyal to products produced by their countryman. Americans should follow that admirable trait and our Countries problems would be fixed pretty quickly.

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
the Olympic uniform is different
that supposed to represent our country officially at a worldwide competition
a Cadillac does not (and is not supposed to) represent the country

i understand that you associate the two together and i can understand why but GM is a global company that is headquartered and founded in the US
their vehicles are not meant to represent the countries that they are built in or that the brand is spawned from

very big difference between that and the Olympic uniform situation

i don't really care if Ralph Lauren makes everything in china
(well i do really and i prefer not to purchase those products)
but it's a free country and a free market and RL can produce products where ever they want
and I can choose to buy (or not buy) those products
but when you send athletes to compete in an international competition such as the Olympics
it's more than a tad ironic that the uniforms are made by one of the other competitors

so, again... a very big difference between a cadillac that's made in mexico or canada than a US olympic uniform made in china
very big difference

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
Americans should follow that admirable trait and our Countries problems would be fixed pretty quickly.
i agree, and truthfully i try and make my financial impact as local as possible
local restaurants that purchase from local farmers
local grocery co-op
local corner store instead of the gas station chain store

the thing is... people who think like this are few and far between
plus - nobody wants to hear: "we should be more like the germans"

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
RippyPartsDept said:
i agree, and truthfully i try and make my financial impact as local as possible
local restaurants that purchase from local farmers
local grocery co-op
local corner store instead of the gas station chain store

the thing is... people who think like this are few and far between
plus - nobody wants to hear: "we should be more like the germans"
Trust me, it was painful for me to write that. You are unfortunately correct, if only more Americans thought like this we would all benefit enormously.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
19 Posts
(Shifting the tone to the topic) I know one thing's for sure: If Cadillac makes this model car, with the "proper" flagship specifications, anything less than a news report showing Abu Gharib prisoners builiding this vehicle to fund terrorism wouldn't keep me from buying this car. Hands down...

·
Registered
'08 CTS4 Blue Chip
181 Posts
(Shifting the tone to the topic) I know one thing's for sure: If Cadillac makes this model car, with the "proper" flagship specifications, anything less than a news report showing Abu Gharib prisoners builiding this vehicle to fund terrorism wouldn't keep me from buying this car. Hands down...
Wait til you see the price tag ;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
HansK said:
Wait til you see the price tag ;)
I live in metro NYC and see a sea of Porsche Panaramas on the busy NY roads everyday. Most are the $120,000 turbos. My point, yep the new " Cadillac of Cadillacs " will be very expensive but there are no shortage if buyers.

·
Registered
2002 DTS
3 Posts
At last! Hopefully a car worthy to replace the 2002 DTS. My 2002 fully loaded DTS was a work of art. Subsequent years they started cutting corners to save money and cheapened the car to increase profits. Fit, finish, innovation, and comfort were dumbed down. As the years have rolled by I have rented many newer DTS's to keep the miles down on my 2002. Very disappointing.

Recently after anxiously awaiting the arrival of the XTS I went to the local dealer and test drove one. Disappointed again! Under-whelming! Not to mention under powered. My 2002 is a far superior vehicle in power, handling and room or perceived room in the cabin. The 2002 seats and creature comforts are superior. My 2002 has the nav system with touch controls that were way ahead of their time in ease of use and function. The 3D dash cluster is still ahead of the current offerings.

I am offended by Cadillac marketing referring to those of us over 65 as old geezers that just want a big pillow to ride around in without thinking about performance and handling! BULL, I own 2 Corvettes and a Dodge Magnum that all kick ass on the road. The Cadillac folks just need to do their homework and design a car along the lines of the BMW 7 series, Mercedes, Audi 8's and Lexus 460's to get the idea of what us old geezers want in a luxury ride that wears an American badge. Personally I don't care where it is built since we live in a one world economy. And even the cars supposedly build in America have parts and paint from other countries.

By the way my loyalty to Cadillac goes back 10 cars and 30 years. Even with all the miscues over the years the name Cadillac is still up there in the minds of the public as the Standard of the World! I can only hope the 2015 flagship will earn that honor once again! As far a price, build a quality car and we old geezers will pay the price! I am sure it will be less than the European brands.

KFoster

41 - 51 of 51 Posts