Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Performance Coupe & 2010 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Last month picked up a 2015 ATS4 Performance Coupe with the 3.6 and automatic to become my daily driver. Although the weather up here in the Northeast has been absolutely awful, still been having a blast with it and love it!

Question I have is, how durable is the AWD drive train in these things? Does it really meet the standards Caddy professes where I can get on it hard once and a while, light to light or at the track, without having to worry about breaking things?

Never had any problems with my wife's '10 SRX4, but that doesn't have enough power to hurt itself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts
I beat on mine in the snow and out of snow. It always performs great. I know it can handle the stock power all day everyday. Beyond stock power I haven't seen tested yet for this AWD. I love this AWD in the snow. From stand still in the snow it takes off like a rocket un phased by the snow. Stopping on slick roads as you know is a little different. I always have to remind myself that it's a luxury car and I don't want to scratch it or dent it. Other cars I have had with AWD I didn't really think like that Including my wrangler 4wd.

Oh and where are you from in the Northeast?

·
Authorized Vendor
MY2015 Cadillac Escalade Luxury
250 Posts
The AWD system in this and the new AWD Buick Regal are very sturdy and actually, quite nice pieces of tech. TRIFECTA engineers have 'cracked the code' so to say for the AWD system and made some comments about how robust it is. They were able to tweak the biasing system too :)

In any case, nice choice in vehicle. Keep enjoying it!

·
Registered
2015 ATS Performance Coupe & 2010 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly, this thing takes off and handles great even in the wildest conditions. Hate driving it in this stuff and can't wait until some nice dry sunny days! Even with being ultra careful about getting any of this road vomit in my car, I am having a hard time keeping the salt off the carpet to the right of the throttle peddle, seems to build up there.

I am up around Saratoga Springs.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Peformance 3.6 AWD
109 Posts
The AWD system in this and the new AWD Buick Regal are very sturdy and actually, quite nice pieces of tech. TRIFECTA engineers have 'cracked the code' so to say for the AWD system and made some comments about how robust it is. They were able to tweak the biasing system too :)

In any case, nice choice in vehicle. Keep enjoying it!
Interesting, where did you see that trifecta can work their magic with the transfer case?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts