Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 ATS that I loved until the touchscreen started acting funny. I tried the factory reset and it did not fix the issue. Aside from it sometimes not working at all, the most annoying part is the radio presets will flicker and it starts randomly assigning other presets to the current station. It beeps each time it does it as well. I turn the screen off and on several times while driving to try to get it to stop; sometimes this works. I really like this car, but 5-6 years for the touchscreen to need replacing on a Cadillac seems ridiculous to me. Any other options other than having to replace the screen?

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,911 Posts
I have a 2015 ATS that I loved until the touchscreen started acting funny. I tried the factory reset and it did not fix the issue. Aside from it sometimes not working at all, the most annoying part is the radio presets will flicker and it starts randomly assigning other presets to the current station. It beeps each time it does it as well. I turn the screen off and on several times while driving to try to get it to stop; sometimes this works. I really like this car, but 5-6 years for the touchscreen to need replacing on a Cadillac seems ridiculous to me. Any other options other than having to replace the screen?
This is a common issue with CUE screens going bad (gel layer drying out). The Dealer would replace the entire unit, but down the line it would fail again. All that needs to be done is to get a screen from cuescreens.com and replace the original screen with theirs, and it won't fail. Many owners have done this. You can research the forum under CUE.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,073 Posts
^What he said, very affordable and understandable to do. FYI the terms screen and digitizer are often used interchangeably.

I had my screen replaced once under warranty not long after I got my car 4 years ago, the second factory replacement has been fine. But if it ever does go bad I'll use CUEscreens.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,911 Posts
^What he said, very affordable and understandable to do. FYI the terms screen and digitizer are often used interchangeably.

I had my screen replaced once under warranty not long after I got my car 4 years ago, the second factory replacement has been fine. But if it ever does go bad I'll use CUEscreens.
Seems that owners that live where it is very and leave the car out in the sun have this happen more than others in cooler areas or don't leave the car in the sun as much as possible.

·
Registered
2015 ATS Coupe, Premium 3.6 AWD; 2005 Mercedes SLK roadster; 2003 Suburban
182 Posts
What Excalibur said. I had the same problem on my 2015. The screen needs to be replaced and the last thing you want to do is replace it with a Cadillac screen. History will repeat itself down the road. CUEscreen is the way to go. I had the dealer replace mine with theCUEscreen and because I have a non-Cadillac extended warranty, insurance picked up the bill, minus a small deductible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts