Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS Premium 3.6 Coupe RWD built 12/2014
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2015 ATS Coupe Premium from dealer on Friday. On the drive home, I noticed that the "Safety Alert Seat" was not working. There was no vibration when I changed
lanes without using my turn signal. I went into settings and change to "Beep" and still no warning.

Dealer is 60 miles from my home so I continued home and will take back tomorrow.

Has anyone else had a problem with the Safery Alert Seat" ?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
sorry that feature is not working. I hated it when I test drove it and would count your car's seat as a blessing. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
r u sure ur street has lane marks? without lanes, the sensor wont detect any lane change

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes E450 Cabriolet, previous 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD, 1973 Corvette 454
2,363 Posts
Yours is the very first case I've heard of regarding that feature. I have mine set for the beeps (dislike the seat buzzing) and do find it helpful in that we all get sloppy from time to time. As another OP pointed out, it relies on lane markings which can be covered up with winter snow and crap this time of year. Could be something as simple as a seat disconnect; let your dealership take care of it.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
You also have to be going over 30 mph I believe before it comes on and stays on until you drop to 25 mph, similar way to the collision alert works. Windshield needs to be clean in the camera area as well. Do you get the lane assist icon once you are up to speed?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for eveyone's suggestions.

I double checked everything. There were painted lines (no snow), going 70 mph, windshield was clean, lane assist icon was on.

Taking to dealer today, will post results.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Was the switch on the lower left side just above your knee lit?

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD
28 Posts
Why would the seat be the problem if the "beep" didn't work either? Sounds like more of an issue with the lane assist than with the seat...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on Safety Alert Seat fix.

Drove 60 miles to dealer this morning. Arrived at 09:00. Dealer provided me a loaner. Went back to the dealership at 11:30, service advisor was not sure if they needed to order a part so suggested I go home. Drove another 60 miles home in loaner car. Received a call at 13:45 saying the car was fixed and I could pickup at 16:00. I asked if they road tested and he said yes.

Left house at 15:00. Halfway back to dealer got a call on cell saying there was a problem and car would now not be ready, the seat worked "sometimes". I turned around and went back home.

This is the first Cadillac I have owned. My two previous cars were a Mercedes and a BMW. I expected better from Cadillac.

I have owned the car for 6 days. This would not have happened if the dealer did a complete systems check before I pickup my new car last Friday (Feb 20, 2015).

Can't wait for Cadillac to send me a survey.

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
Same here. It was bugging the hell out of me with a loaner. It went off all the time. Maybe my driving? But no tickets since I was 19 due to my Radar detectors:highfive:
sorry that feature is not working. I hated it when I test drove it and would count your car's seat as a blessing. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
man, my radar drove me nuts with all the falsh warning in houston. it wasnt thr cheap type neither. spent $400 on the valentine and decided to sell it and practiced slow driving :(

duneless said:
Same here. It was bugging the hell out of me with a loaner. It went off all the time. Maybe my driving? But no tickets since I was 19 due to my Radar detectors:highfive:

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,513 Posts
I have my volume down cuz it talks and to much. So I just have the lights going off. I live by mine man. I feel naked in a car I'm driving without one. When you learn what all false alerts sound and look like on mine your good. It has saved me to many times to count.
man, my radar drove me nuts with all the falsh warning in houston. it wasnt thr cheap type neither. spent $400 on the valentine and decided to sell it and practiced slow driving :(

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
They are illegal her in VA and DC. But once you leave they are good to have.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 LUX/NAV/D ASSist
6 Posts
I have a 2014 SRX and my safety seat went completely out. They said it was the front camera, so they ordered a new one. I turned on the beeper and all the sensors work with it, front, back, sides. My question is would the front camera going out make the whole seat quit working?

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,243 Posts
A good way to test if the seat works at all is to back up towards something and see if it vibrates.
For rear cross traffic, the vibration tells you left or right, so I feel it's better than the beep.

If your 2015 Coupe used or brand new? New or used, with all the things they are supposed to test, who knows when a prep guy cuts corners and skips
testing the things that are tricky or never seem to be broken.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts