Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please tell me why i just bough this car and i have an iphone 6 and the text messing will not work i am able to talk on the phone and make calls threw my blue tooth but my text messging inbox dosnet work
please help

·
Registered
'13 ATS4 2.0T, Gone but will be missed, '13 SRX4 Performance
473 Posts
You need a Windows phone to use text functions. Other operating systems don't allow text pass through.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Do you honestly need to send a text message while driving? Yes, it's an advertised feature and you're paying for it, but still. If you really need to communicate, use the hands free and make a quick call.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Do you honestly need to send a text message while driving? Yes, it's an advertised feature and you're paying for it, but still. If you really need to communicate, use the hands free and make a quick call.
Voice texting is safer than calling. Calls are more distracting because there are real time interactions going on. If the interaction isn't required for what's being communicated, hand free texting is better. Is it needed? I guess not, in the same sense that a call isn't NEEDed. I mean we survived as a race a long time before bluetooth and cell phones.

Texting is also more polite and considerate than a call if the communication is one way or not very time sensitive. Why interrupt someone with a call or, on the other side of that coin, why subject yourself to voice mail if they aren't answering at the time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts