Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Luxury
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 2.0T Luxury is in the shop getting a service and recalls done. I am driving a 2015 2.0T Premium until my car is ready. The engine and trans should be the same, but the loaner definitely feels like it has more power. Has anyone else had this experience? I told this to my service rep and he said that the ECM reprogram may remedy this. Its not shift points, but bottom end power. Has anybody that has the ECM software updated noticed any difference?

·
Registered
ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
100 Posts
mbarrad said:
My 2013 2.0T Luxury is in the shop getting a service and recalls done. I am driving a 2015 2.0T Premium until my car is ready. The engine and trans should be the same, but the loaner definitely feels like it has more power. Has anyone else had this experience? I told this to my service rep and he said that the ECM reprogram may remedy this. Its not shift points, but bottom end power. Has anybody that has the ECM software updated noticed any difference?
I got my 2013 Turbo Performance back a few weeks ago after the updates and the car does feel a bit more peppy. It doesn't seem to like when I move forward a little at a red light, for example, when other cars inch forward and just wants to take off!!

Gunning it onto the freeway feels more fun than it did as well.

Apparently for the 2015, Cadillac were able to get more torque out of the engine as far as I heard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts