Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with this Their trunk opening on its own? Took to the dealer and they said it was Corroded. Would fix for $560. Not to mention glovebox issue $650 fix. Unreal for a $70k car. No happy! Car only has 30k on it always garage kept.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Luxury
43 Posts
Mine does when the key fob bumps something else in my pocket. Has done this numerous times. I try and make sure nothing else is in my pocket now and I set the valet when parked at hotels just in case.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,183 Posts
Mine does when the key fob bumps something else in my pocket. Has done this numerous times. I try and make sure nothing else is in my pocket now and I set the valet when parked at hotels just in case.
On mine, the fob trunk release has to be pressed two times to release the trunk. I think it would not be common for this to happen in one's pocket.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with this Their trunk opening on its own? Took to the dealer and they said it was Corroded. Would fix for $560. Not to mention glovebox issue $650 fix. Unreal for a $70k car. No happy! Car only has 30k on it always garage kept.
Need more information...what harness is corroded and cause? Mine does not do that but it is new. No issue with my glovebox yet.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
For the glove box:

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury
205 Posts
Aren't the glovebox and trunk opening on their own an indicator that the battery needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
99 ETC 2004 SRX 13 XTS Luxury
38 Posts
I have 2013 XTS that would open trunk when carrying fob in your pocket the dealer change so you would have to hold button for several seconds in module before trunk would open . Tried to get them to change so you would have to press button two times but they couldn't do it at that time it was 2015 and that year from factory you would have press fob twice. The 2013 2014 can be changed to hold button for several seconds.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Need more information...what harness is corroded and cause? Mine does not do that but it is new. No issue with my glovebox yet.
The harness Is on the inside trunk deck lid. I took it apart and found no corrosion. There is a service bulletin out on this issue (16-NA-169) It mentions corrosion due to water intrusion. My car is always in the garage and there is no moisture in my trunk or signs of a leak. I think the Dealer just pulled the bulletin and tried to take my money.($560) As far as the glove box issue goes. It is a very bad design. The actuator is on the left side of the glovebox. Push the button and right Side releases and the left side does not. I can pull down on the right side and Push the Latch and it releases the left latch of the glovebox. There has to be a better fix than having to buy a whole glovebox To the tune of $650. I did find a glovebox online for $225.00. Without a better design or better Actuator I have got to believe it will happen again. I will live with the glovebox issue for now. I am very disappointed with the quality of a $70k car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At 30k, is bumper to bumper warranty not covering this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts