Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS Platinum VSport
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 XTS Platinum VSport since April, 2014. I have nearly 10,000 miles on it and there have been no issues at all. I seriously love this car. I traded my Escalade for this one and, yes, it took a moment or two to acclimate myself to riding once again on the ground. I had my dealer install an E&G rear spoiler on this white diamond beauty before I brought it home and it looks great. What I would like to find are a couple of power mods. Anything out there in addition to the K&N filter? Also, the horn on these big babies no longer sound like our Fleetwoods used to sound. Does anyone know of sources for that kind of sound? Not air horns, but something in the range of the four-note horns of old.
Thanks, everybody.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I think you wasted your cash on the K&N filter (IMHO). If you've got a spare $650 spend it here for the easiest and most powerful mod you can do for this car. This will take your 410 HP mouse to a ragin' 540HP monster... electronically! It will add more than 95 wheel HP and 120 lb ft of additional torque... at the wheels!! And after a mathematical calculation that comes to somewhere around 540 HP.

As far as horns go, check out some electric Wolo Marine Dominators. You'll love 'em.

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
do you have any pics of the spoiler - was it bought already painted?

----------

I think you wasted your cash on the K&N filter (IMHO). If you've got a spare $650 spend it here for the easiest and most powerful mod you can do for this car. This will take your 410 HP mouse to a ragin' 540HP monster... electronically! It will add more than 95 wheel HP and 120 lb ft of additional torque... at the wheels!! And after a mathematical calculation that comes to somewhere around 540 HP.
What are you suggesting for $650?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sorry! I forgot to include the link! Duh. Note that this mod is only for the VSport. Be sure to watch the YouTube video and let me know what you think. I do not own a VSport... yet. I'm in the process of trying to find the right one, but you can bet the farm that this will be my second stop! I have absolutely no affiliation with these guys and I asked them if this was something that an owned could install and my answer was a definitive "yes"!

Note also that depending which tune you go with you must use premium fuel, unless you remove the tune and reinstall your original, factory tune.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/LME%2dAIW-2014-CADILLAC-XTS-V%2dSPORT-TUNER.html

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,663 Posts
Does it void the warranty? Pretty much.

There was a GM TechLink article regarding detection of aftermarket tunes. Adding power electronically is one thing, but have any mechanical engineers chimed in to guarantee the rear end is rated for it? If not, you pay your money, you take your chances. Good luck.

CC

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,696 Posts
Does it void the warranty? Pretty much.

There's was a GM TechLink article regarding detection of aftermarket tunes. Adding power electronically is one thing, but have any mechanical engineers chimed in to guarantee the rear end is rated for it? If not, you pay your money, you take your chances. Good luck.

CC
Like Livernois has proven the XTS VSport leaves allot on the table. With BNR Racing via HPTuners we went from the stock 369 lb-ft to a desired 525 lb-ft. At 50 mph and punching it, the downshift to 2nd gear spins the front tires for a split second until the rear end is applied. When the fiancé has her sunglasses on her she works really hard to keep them there. The maximum torque spike us limited in the 600+ lb-ft area or something like insane mode on a Tesla P85D. It just doesnt stop like the Tesla. Truly bonkers!

·
Registered
XTS-VSPORT
8 Posts
The stock motor exceeds GM's max torque rating for the transmission. If I was going to re-flash the PCM I would make sure to leave the torque management functions alone. A transmission rebuild is $ 4,500 at a shop and more at the dealer.
I contacted livernois and was ready to pull the trigger until I talked to a GM engineer and a shop that has built a few auto transmission for me. The 2014 Platinum Vsport I bought has full service and warranty for 5 yrs and 50,000 miles. Don't really want to give that up.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The stock motor exceeds GM's max torque rating for the transmission. If I was going to re-flash the PCM I would make sure to leave the torque management functions alone. A transmission rebuild is $ 4,500 at a shop and more at the dealer.
I contacted livernois and was ready to pull the trigger until I talked to a GM engineer and a shop that has built a few auto transmission for me. The 2014 Platinum Vsport I bought has full service and warranty for 5 yrs and 50,000 miles. Don't really want to give that up.
Not exactly:
http://articles.sae.org/12435/

The XTS VSport is design to handle over 600 lb-ft of torque in peak loads. That is Tesla P90D territory!

·
Registered
XTS-VSPORT
8 Posts
Thank you for the link. I read the article and it states that the 6T80 has been improved to handle the Vsport power, but I do not see any maximum numbers listed. I got my information from a GM authority site and it essentially says that the 6T80 version will handle the stock power but it does not address the limits of the transmission.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Here is my 2014 XTS VSport on HPTuners showing brake torque, peak torque, and the differences after ecu mod.

They show stock brake torque at 369 and peak torque at 428 lb-ft of torque, modified 553 brake torqueal and 664 lb-ft peak torque, and the sum of the torque improvements over stock of 184 lb-ft brake torque and 229 lb-ft peak torque.

No wonder it spins the front tires at 50 mph! With 650 lb-ft of torque are Tesla P90D torque numbers!

[/URL]

http://s29.photobucket.com/user/Norm1988GT/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151005_201429_zps5s30u4ar.jpg.html

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The 25 mph to full throttle kickdown is neck snapping to unsuspecting passengers. We turned down a 35 mph road and the person in front of us decided they wanted to make it 25 mph. So when the center allowed and there were no headlights coming I booted the tuned VSport. Gasps of air were exhaled as we hit 50 mph before overcoming the slow car. Which followed by slight whip lash complaints from the neck and upper shoulder areas. :)

·
Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum, 14 Ram Longhorn
228 Posts
I have the Livernois and I love it, except it hits the rev-limiter in third gear when in sport mode. I have also had unrelated warranty work done and had no issues. My dealer told me that unless the tune was 100% the direct cause of a part failure, the warrant would still cover all parts of the car like normal and having the tune does not void anything. Just be smart with it.

·
Registered
XTS4 Vsport
31 Posts
Hi NormV. I know the thread is pretty old but i have some questions regarding your Vsport. Hopefully you are still on here and can message me

·
Registered
XTS4 Vsport
31 Posts
Hi NormV.. I dont know why it wouldnt accept messages. Im still learning how to do things on here. Well one of the questions i had is if you didnt mind what you did to the Vsport to get those numbers on the car. I been trying to get info before i do all the upgrades. I have a 2014 XTS4 Vsport. I actully made a custom Intake and i did exhaust already thats all i did performance wise. Ill try to fix the messages to work so i can receive messages.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac Escalade, 2014 Cadillac XTS Vsport
8 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 XTS Vsport. I am also contemplating doing the tune. Are their any additional mods I can do to compliment the tune?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS Premium V-Sport
210 Posts
Has anyones car gone over the 100,000 mile mark?
What problems besides rims have you encountered?
I'm looking at a V Sport that has about 106,000. I want to know if it's worth buying or if I should walk away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Following and hoping to hear testimonials regarding the Livernois tuned V-Sports. Any issues for anyone who has been tuned, long-term?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts