Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had this problem? The material is coming away from the undersurface. Any ideas if this can be reglued without removing the top dash plate.Apparently it is a 9 hour labour job and mega bucks to replace the part.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
Just wondering if anyone had this problem? The material is coming away from the undersurface. Any ideas if this can be reglued without removing the top dash plate.Apparently it is a 9 hour labour job and mega bucks to replace the part.
I have some upholstery work experience so maybe I can help but I'd need to see a pic to see exactly what's happening. It totally depends.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Platinum Vsport
21 Posts
Yes. I've had that issue with both my previous 2013 XTS4 Platinum and most recently on my 2014 XTS4 Platinum Vsport also had some curling at the front edges closer to the windshield. The 'unglued' part was just to the right of the hump that is over the gauges . Luckily for me both were covered under warranty.

9 Posts
I just purchased a 14vsport with the same issue. Dealer says theres still 1.5 yrs of b2b warranty left & is fixing it under that next week! Double check w dealer!

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,133 Posts
I had the same problem with my vehicle. It is still under the factory warranty which did replace it. The CPO warranty will not cover it or any other after market warranty, only the factory warranty. I'm not too sure about that 9 hour labor estimate. Mine was replaced in half a day. It does not look like it would be a time consuming job. As for the cost of the dash, it looks to be around 6 to 7 hundred dollars. Definitely not cheap!

Max

1 - 6 of 6 Posts