Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2014 XTS Onstar module will become obsolete with 2/3G phase out in Dec '22. I find threads detailing upgrades/swaps for same year (2014) CTS upgrades to 4g_LTE modules. Not finding similar onstar module swaps for XTS. I believe 2015+ model year Onstar module has LTE/Wifi. Has anyone successfully upgraded a 2014 XTS with the later module?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. As far as I can tell that upgrade is not being offered in the USA. Onstar representatives tell me it is physically impossible to do an upgrade, which I know is horses#it - especially since you had it done in CAN. It’s a matter of identifying the correct module and flashing it to my VIN. Possibly (probably) an antenna update also.

Did your RO have any part numbers associated with the repair?

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS, 2014 XTS VSPORT
15 Posts
Where are forms located online Thanks.
I am in Canada..mine was 2G, so they told me to go to activate.onstar.ca, once I entered the VIN, it told me that my module had to get upgraded. From there I selected my preferred dealer and submitted it the online form. Took them around 2 weeks to ship the hardware out.

·
Registered
99 ETC 13 XTS 69 Chevelle 17 Yukon
707 Posts
I am in Canada..mine was 2G, so they told me to go to activate.onstar.ca, once I entered the VIN, it told me that my module had to get upgraded. From there I selected my preferred dealer and submitted it the online form. Took them around 2 weeks to ship the hardware out.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts