Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 4 Cadillacs ( 1989, 1998, 2002, 2009) and I KNOW when I let off the gas and the car coasts and slows down, the transmission felt like it was in neutral.
However, with my 2015 XTS that I just got 2 weeks ago (61,000 miles) , when I let off the gas when approaching a stoplight, it downshifts (usually when it's around 25 MPH)

Is this normal? It did have a transmission flush at around 50,000 miles at the Caddy place.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think it is normal. You can feel the downshifts on my 2013 with 53K miles when you take your foot off. I noticed this while it is in D, if you move the shifter to M and don't touch the paddles, you can see the gear number on the DIC change as it shifts up and down. Will try this some more to confirm, the gear number is small and hard to see. Will have to wear bifocals while driving to continue this investigation.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, mine does not shift as smooth at times as I would like or thought. It is not big car ride I hoped for. But, it seems to do better as it warms up.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the feedback.

I guess I just don't like it because I know on manual transmissions, some people actually downshift and use the transmission to slow down the car. This causes more wear and tear on the clutch plate.
I would rather use my brakes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts