Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac SRX Luxury (AWD)
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've recently decided to upgrade the standard halogen bulbs to LED bulbs. I've upgraded the interior and rear turn signals but I don't know how to upgrade the reverse lights. The bulb type is apparently 1156 but there is no way for it to be replaced... Am I missing something here? Do I have to pull and tug out the little light bulb socket? The diameter of the LED bulb seems to be the perfect size but I just don't know how to remove the old bulb and replace with this new one. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
remove the bumper
I have already removed the tail light assembly. I have full access to the bulbs. My issue is the socket for the reverse light will not fit the 1156 type light bulb even though that’s what many websites have said it was compatible with.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
526 Posts
We like the setup of our 14 Lux. I did all the interior in LED blue and like it. The LED white was just too bright for us. Did the puddle lights in blue as well. Hood/rock deflector; window vent shields and mud flaps are our only mods.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
526 Posts
PS And tires. The stockers suck. Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS Plus was a really nice upgrade. There are other great tires out there but for the price, we like our choice. The newer version is the Plus II with good reviews.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS And tires. The stockers suck. Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS Plus was a really nice upgrade. There are other great tires out there but for the price, we like our choice. The newer version is the Plus II with good reviews.
Thanks for your input! I haven't really put in much thought on the tires! The all-seasons that are on the car right now is almost due for some replacement. I do have dedicated winter tires for the Canadian winters but I should look into some good set of summer tires. Any suggestions on the tires? I'll look into the Pirelli tires :)

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
526 Posts
Know that the Pirelli Verde has poor reviews and is not recommended. The Verde Plus that we have is a better product and very good in the snow. I suspect the Verde II is even better.
For Michelin guys, the Defender LTX MS appears to be a super tire. Real humans are actually getting 70,000 miles out of this tire without running them bald.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just switched to 255/50/20 Goodyear Sport all seasons and LOVE them. Rides on rails now compared to the factory rubber. Very inexpensive too with a $150 rebate if you acquire and use their Goodyear credit card which you can also use as a gas card at a few stations. Just my .02.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just switched to 255/50/20 Goodyear Sport all seasons and LOVE them. Rides on rails now compared to the factory rubber. Very inexpensive too with a $150 rebate if you acquire and use their Goodyear credit card which you can also use as a gas card at a few stations. Just my .02.
Nice! I'll check those out too! Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
After trying 6 different bulbs I read about I finally bought the ones you suggested. They arrive tomorrow. Thanks a ton!!! I was about to install an hid kit because I thought I was out of options. You win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
After trying 6 different bulbs I read about I finally bought the ones you suggested. They arrive tomorrow. Thanks a ton!!! I was about to install an hid kit because I thought I was out of options. You win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got and installed these suggested replacement reverse LEDs and I can finally see while backing up! Thanks so much for the link!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts