Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the past 4 months I've been hearing a rattle sound inside the car that sounds like it's coming from the back passenger seat. I thought maybe the seatback was not locked in at first from me laying the seats down, but once checked everything was in place and the sound is still there. I then thought maybe it was the cover that goes over the cargo area, but I took that out to see and the sound is still there. Almost sounds like it's in the framing of the car. I hear this mostly on secondary roads rather than on a highway that's typically smoother pavement. Anyone else had this issue? Dealer, of course, doesn't know what it is.

·
Registered
2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
296 Posts
Do you have kids that ride back there? Might be something they dropped down between / under the seats.

I recently had an annoying "squeak" coming from the right rear seat area that would occur whenever the road had a small bump. It sounded like the leather between the two seat backs was rubbing together slightly. Folding one seatback down and wiping the sides of the leather seat covers between the seats seems to have rectified it. Must have been something sticky in there (that's where my 4 y/o son sits).

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD LUX terra mocha/shale brownstone
163 Posts
If your rear seat backs are in the fully rear position, try moving them just 1 notch forward. I had the same symptom and this eliminated the noise. Seems like a strange thing to have the seat backs make noise "by design" but moving them forward a notch was the answer for me.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kids here so I know it's not something being dropped back there rattling...at least not that I've seen when I've cleaned the car. But I'll def try moving the seats a notch forward and see if that helps. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
2017 XT5 premium luxury
5 Posts
Make sure to raise the center armrest console, I have found a rattle noise from the pass thru area with the console down.

·
Registered
2013 SRX
1 Posts
I own a 2013 SRX that had a "rattle" coming from what I thought was the rear panel behind the back passenger door. Since it was still under warranty I brought it into the dealer to have it looked at. They replaced the panel and said the clips were probably loose and pronounced the problem solved. Well the noise was still there so I then wedged some gray foam ( color close to the color of the car's interior)between the seams of the panel and the rest of the car. This failed to correct the rattle as well. I was resigned to living with the annoying sound for the rest of the life of the car when suddenly it was gone. I realized that I had folded the seat down to haul a table and then re-positioned the seat at the midpoint position after unloading the table. I immediately positioned the seat in the "farthest back" position and sure enough, the rattle returned. So why would Cadillac do this sort of thing?

·
Registered
2014 S550, 2018 XT5 Platinum, 2019 XT4 Sport :)
1,750 Posts
If your rear seat backs are in the fully rear position, try moving them just 1 notch forward. I had the same symptom and this eliminated the noise. Seems like a strange thing to have the seat backs make noise "by design" but moving them forward a notch was the answer for me.
Same here....

·
Registered
2017 Prem-Lux CT6 3.0TT - Black Raven, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
329 Posts
It’s the rear hatch latch. Tell your dealer. They knew exactly what it was when I told them I had a rattle in the back. Took 15 min to replace. It’s a known issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts