Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2000 DHS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been repairing some body damage on my 2014 Premium SRX for over a year. I have finished the repair, went to start the car and as you would think, the battery is dead. removed the battery and had it check and charged. Now the car will crank but not start. Codes P159F Fuel ecomony mode switch low voltage, P0300 misfire on three or more cylinders, and P12A6 Prolonged crank with no start. Current history. Could I have tripped the security or something? Car ran perfect before not running for a year.
Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,666 Posts
I have been repairing some body damage on my 2014 Premium SRX for over a year. I have finished the repair, went to start the car and as you would think, the battery is dead. removed the battery and had it check and charged. Now the car will crank but not start. Codes P159F, P0300, and P12A6. Could I have tripped the security or something? Car ran perfect before not running for a year.
Thank you in advance
you stand a much better of getting answers if you post the DEFINITIONS of those codes, along with whether they are Current or History. There are several thousand codes and no one has them memorized.

·
Registered
2000 DHS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you stand a much better of getting answers if you post the DEFINITIONS of those codes, along with whether they are Current or History. There are several thousand codes and no one has them memorized.
Good advice, thank you

·
Registered
2000 DHS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I may have worded my question wrong. I understand what the codes are saying. My question is this, could I have triggered some security response that caused the codes? Could the fuel have gone bad?

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,275 Posts
bad gas?

Reactions: Hcdoc60

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,275 Posts
bad gas will cause the misfire....gonna have to figure out a way to drain the tank, or if its just a little in there fill it full with premium, or at least ethanol free mid grade...gonna take alot of cranking to push out the lines, change your oil right away as it will be gas contaminated

·
Registered
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
1,275 Posts
edit

·
Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
886 Posts
Gas with Ethanol has a short shelve life and due to age of vehicle the Ethanol attracts water and that ends up at the bottom of gas tank as water weighs more then the fuel, and if fuel level is low likely pump pulling through that water

Best is to fully drain tank and use a cleaner to assure tank is also cleared of what Ethanol has cleaned from tank.

·
Registered
2000 DHS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gas with Ethanol has a short shelve life and due to age of vehicle the Ethanol attracts water and that ends up at the bottom of gas tank as water weighs more then the fuel, and if fuel level is low likely pump pulling through that water

Best is to fully drain tank and use a cleaner to assure tank is also cleared of what Ethanol has cleaned from tank.
Tank is 3/4 full, I am trying to figure how to drain it.

·
Registered
2000 DHS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI there is an anti-siphon device in the filler necks.

Max
I tried taking the fuel filter off and that did not work either. Looks like a very time consuming tank removal. I also have talked with people that have had cars sitting for multiple years and they fired right up and ran with no problems. Overall the car is still a mystery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tank is 3/4 full, I am trying to figure how to drain it.
I tried taking the fuel filter off and that did not work either. Looks like a very time consuming tank removal. I also have talked with people that have had cars sitting for multiple years and they fired right up and ran with no problems. Overall the car is still a mystery.
you might want to try "seafoam" we use it in our boat and skidoo gas tanks with great sucess here in Northern Manitoba
Sea Foam | Makers of Sea Foam Motor Treatment & Other Engine Products I think its worth a shot

·
1995 ETC 2005 STS4
12 Posts
I have been repairing some body damage on my 2014 Premium SRX for over a year. I have finished the repair, went to start the car and as you would think, the battery is dead. removed the battery and had it check and charged. Now the car will crank but not start. Codes P159F Fuel ecomony mode switch low voltage, P0300 misfire on three or more cylinders, and P12A6 Prolonged crank with no start. Current history. Could I have tripped the security or something? Car ran perfect before not running for a year.
Thank you in advance
I was
Thank you in advance
I was told by my mechanic to trickle charge over 3 days to allow the car to slowly reboot all systems then to synchronize. He said if it's faster, you'll get all sorts of weird messages.

·
Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
886 Posts
You could try by taking the fuel filter off and run a hose to it, to a lower container
Turn key on, engine off, the pump comes on for a minute, turn key off, and with the flow of gravity will siphon gas out.
Turn key on and off as need be to drain
also a product mentioned above attached to where filter was will help after key on

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T coupe
75 Posts
you might want to try "seafoam" we use it in our boat and skidoo gas tanks with great sucess here in Northern Manitoba
Sea Foam | Makers of Sea Foam Motor Treatment & Other Engine Products I think its worth a shot
I'll agree with you on the use of Seafoam. A can of it mixes with 15-16 gals of gas.
I use it in every 4 cycle engine I have and in my vehicles once or twice a year.
It's hindsight now for this guy but he could have dumped a can of it in the vehicle before he stopped driving it.
I had so much luck with Seafoam that once I had a Check Engine light on my Ram. Within 100 miles after dumping in a can of Seafoam the light went out and stayed out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts