Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I have been having this issue with my SRX where when I am traveling at slower speeds, usually in stop and go traffic, and pressing on the brake to slow down the car jerks like its skipping a gear. I have taken the car to Cadillac and they actually said it is a known problem (but nothing they can fix and not dangerous) and gave me a print out about it. However, sometimes it happens so severely that my whole cars shakes. I am wondering if this really is a common problem.
Thanks!

(Please update your profile to show correct information. Thanks, CF Staff)

·
Registered
SRX
141 Posts
"Skipping a gear" meaning transmission gear? Like from 3rd to 1st?
If you could scan and upload the printout that you're referring to, it might be helpful.

·
Registered
None
46 Posts
I absolutely have the same problem with my 2014 SRX... annoying and yet another reason why the quality of GM is nowhere near its competitors.

·
Registered
SRX Performance
48 Posts
Ill be very interested to hear about this issue. I dont have it in my 2012 but improper functioning of the transmission is NEVER minor. Those things have become so complicated and expensive to repair its scary.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
40 Posts
Ours is a 2011, and does it every time at around 20 mph. The whole car will lurch forward. The dealer said it was normal.

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
Mine has this issue as well. It's like the Transmission is caught between gears and doesn't know whether to up-shift or down shift. After watching this for a while I think it's a transmission cooling issue; it only happens in prolonged stop and go traffic which means when the Trans Oil gets super hot. Instead of downshifting it upshifts and the car lurches forward - this is VERY dangerous!!!1

·
Registered
2018 XT5
605 Posts
Joins the group, posts a problem and 5 days later and they don't bother to come back. Guess it wasn't a problem after all.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Joins the group, posts a problem and 5 days later and they don't bother to come back. Guess it wasn't a problem after all.
Given his age he probably forgot he was here... :duck: :)

moon531

Cadillac Owners Member
Automobile(s): None
Join Date Jun 2015
Location Eastern MA
Age 100

·
Registered
2015 SRX-4 Premium
12 Posts
I am not sure of what you are talking about but I am getting a similar stuttering when applying the brakes at very slow speeds, I do believe this is the ABS breaks and not the transmission.

·
Registered
2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat
70 Posts
I've noticed this too on my 2014. Have not taken it to dealer yet and sounds like they won't do anything about it if I did.

·
Registered
Previously 13 SRX & 17 XT5 Platinum. Now Tesla Model 3.
146 Posts
Wife had an '08 Acadia, now has a '14 Enclave, and I have a '13 SRX.

All 3 vehicles do the same thing, and all have the same transmission. Disconcerting at first, but really no problem.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
2 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2014 SRX (only 60K miles on it). I get a severe jerk in the transmission during down shifting between 26-29 mph. I have also experienced delays in acceleration when accelerating from a stop. Just recently took vehicle in for an analysis. After they took my money they handed me a service bulleting #01-07-30-042H. Although the service bulleting states a "Clunk Noise" I do not hear a clunk noise, but I do experience variety of severe jerks from the transmission. Very upset with this supposed normal condition. Never experienced this with my 2010 SRX or the 2014 SRX until recently. I hope the engineering staff at Cadillac can figure this out, because I do not enjoy this type of ride.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
506 Posts
Quite honestly, it depends on how you drive it. I can make mine do it or not do it. I'd say it is normal, to a certain degree. But, it did get smoother after I did a transmission fluid exchange.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts