Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thanks for the help in advance. I am about to change the MRC front struts on my brother-in-law‘s 2014 Escalade and was wondering if there are any model year specific issues I should be concerned about?

I am a pretty experienced shade tree mechanic and the procedure seems very straightforward. I have watched numerous videos and done research on the swap and electrical connector swap.

Still I have yet to find a specific video or mention of someone with a 2014 doing the swap. I plan on using ACDelco 580-435 (GM 19353951).

Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
866 Posts
Not sure what you're saying... you're replacing MRC shocks with MRC shocks with different connectors?

·
Registered
2013 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you're saying... you're replacing MRC shocks with MRC shocks with different connectors?
In one of the videos I watched the ACDelco strut did not come with the female weatherproof connector already attached. The video showed him removing it from the old strut and attaching it to the new strut (on a 2010 Escalade I believe).

I’m not sure if they’re still supplied that way. I am most concerned with avoiding a “Service Suspension Soon” following the install.

·
Registered
2013 Escalade esv Platinum AWD
22 Posts
The strut looks like any other strut except the magnaride strut has a hole at the tip of the shaft, that's where your connector disconnects. If there is no connector at the top of the strut then you have a problem. Make sue to disconnect battery before you remove connectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Literally just did this with my own truck, same struts too. Rockauto had them for a decent price FYI.

They don't come with any connections - they have a blue rubber cover on the top of them where the sensor goes. If you don't already have the sensor you'll need to get that too.

·
Registered
2013 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would assume the struts that are currently on the car have a sensor I can swap to the new struts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
There should be yes, they sit right on top of the current struts. Pop your hood and you should see them right away.

·
Registered
2013 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thank you. Unfortunately this isn’t my vehicle so I can’t check it right now. I’ll be starting this project tomorrow so we shall see.

·
Registered
2013 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to post an update, the mentioned ACDelco shocks were a direct replacement with zero issues. Just need an alignment. Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac
866 Posts
Just to post an update, the mentioned ACDelco shocks were a direct replacement with zero issues. Just need an alignment. Thanks!
Excellent! Glad to hear it worked out great! Does it ride much different now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts