Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Escalade Luxery
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a 2008 Escalade EXT which had the rain sensing wipers. Just purchased a 2014 Escalade Luxury and it does not seem to have that feature as noted during yesterday's drive in the rain. Did they discontinue that feature? There is a box just in front of the mirror, but the manual seems to indicate that is now for the auto headlights. Any ideas on how to find out if the vehicle has the feature or where to find an off/on in the DIC? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Yep. I believe my 2009 was the last year. No real reason, besides GM cutting costs. The feature works great!

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
My '10 doesn't have the rain sensing wipers and I like them on the Eldorado. I'm sure it was a cost saving measure and it should have been option IMO.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
The took them out because the delay part does not work in the snow. In the snow you only get low, med or high. The delay wont work on the rain sense. I put a small switch to turn on and off the delay part of the auto wipers by the box next to the mirror. Problem solved. I do see in the 2015 they fixed it. I love auto wipers and the 2010 Escalade is the best one yet.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
I actually thought it was kind of a stupid feature on my 07, it never really worked correctly forcing me to have to override it by turning my wipers to "full on" in order to work. I prefer the manual control for reliability and different situations, if they had an option to allow a manual override in the DIC I may have objected less...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts