Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has information on the wheel fitment, offset and clearances on the cts v-sport i just can't find them any where on the net?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,026 Posts
Pull a front and a rear wheel off and look on the inside, then post it here for all to see. You'll be a hero! :) Based on all of the other OEM GM wheels I've seen in recent years, the size and offset is most likely stamped or engraved or cast into the wheel somewhere. We know they're 18x8.5/9.5". This site shows +32mm for the front wheel, but doesn't say what the offset is on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
VSport wheel offsets

I've searched this forum and many other sources until I'm blue in the face, can't find the offsets for the staggered wheels on the VSport. Anyone have definitive offset numbers, or a pointer thereto? I think the front 8.5's are 32mm, but don't have a clue on the rear 9.5's.

TIA
Gary L

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
And the answer is...

Front 18x8.5 offset 32mm
Rear 18x9.5 offset 46mm

So much for using '14 CTS coupe wheels for winter tires... the offsets are bass-ackwards. This is not surprising I suppose, given the dissimilar suspension setups. In any case, this would put the rear wheel over an inch further outboard, and the front wheel over an inch further inboard. I'm almost certain this would result in rub at both ends of the car.

Photos - these wheels were obviously off the car, but given the location of the stampings, you could read these numbers while installed very easily, with a decent inspection mirror.

Front Wheel 1.jpg Rear Wheel 1.jpg

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
So much for using '14 CTS coupe wheels for winter tires... the offsets are bass-ackwards. This is not surprising I suppose, given the dissimilar suspension setups. In any case, this would put the rear wheel over an inch further outboard, and the front wheel over an inch further inboard. I'm almost certain this would result in rub at both ends of the car.
WRONG 91 octane breath! More like a half inch at each end. Maybe no rub? Anyone tried it?

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
Cool, thanks for taking the time to get the info.
No problem... I was simply after those numbers, as I want to get a set of wheels and tires set up for winter temperatures. I have to get the P Zero summer tires off before winter here in South Central Kansas. We don't typically get a lot of snow, but sub freezing temps (down to zero F or so) are a strong possibility over a 3 to 4 month period.

What are the specs on the '14 CTS coupe wheels?
The coupe wheels are:

Front - 18x8.5 offset 48mm
Rear - 18x9.0 offset 32mm

I had a chance to buy a full set at a decent price, but even if there are no clearance issues, I'm not sure I want to upset the design geometry (particulary scrub radius at the front) by using the different offsets.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
879 Posts
But as mentioned, those are two entirely different suspension systems. The Coupe is a double wishbone setup, while the VSport is a pure MacPherson Strut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts