Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a grinding noise in the steering at very low speeds (pulling out of a parking space). Dealer has now replaced rack and pinion 3 times and noise returns after about 1 week. Cadillac technical support now says they will not replace this part again and noise should be considered "normal". Started at about 47,000 miles. Now at 50,000. This is a CTS performance AWD vehicle. Any ideas on other soultions?

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
552 Posts
The statement "normal" sounds like BS to me. If it is not the rack and pinion then they need to find out where it is really coming from. Sorry I don't have any ideas to offer but the Cadillac dealer needs to look at the cause closer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The statement "normal" sounds like BS to me. If it is not the rack and pinion then they need to find out where it is really coming from. Sorry I don't have any ideas to offer but the Cadillac dealer needs to look at the cause closer.
Thanks: I intend to ask for a meeting with the factory rep when I take the car back in for an oil change. I agree that they seem unable to find the root problem. Been to two dealers at this point.

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
552 Posts
Thanks: I intend to ask for a meeting with the factory rep when I take the car back in for an oil change. I agree that they seem unable to find the root problem. Been to two dealers at this point.
Good Luck and don't give in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts