Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
Interesting, good website design by GM. Car carries over a lot of things from the ATS, pretty impressive though the torque and HP ratings on the V6 twin turbo, looks to be quite the efficient motor. They are going to very effectively compete with the german car mfgs with this car, I like it. Looks very elegant with those chrome wheels.

·
Banned
CTS-V
33 Posts
Ugly and boring looking car, old people will dig it. I'll definitley keep my V2. Good thing they have the ATS
to pump some young blood into the brand because the XTS & now this ugly CTS is turning Caddy into a Buick.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's
345 Posts
reminds me of a Chrysler 200/300 from some angles, and for me the hood lines are way too busy. But I love the headlights and interior. Are they stopping at 420hp on the V or will there be a V8 later?

·
Registered
2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"
1,290 Posts
That's not the V. it's a new model called the "Vsport", which is still a standard CTS with different engine, suspension and brake options. The CTS-V will be a different beast altogether. AWD is available on the base CTSes but not the Vsport.

And did you guys notice the magnesium paddle shifters for the 8-speed auto? Magnesium. The only reason to use magnesium is to save weight. Further down the page it says aluminum and magnesium were employed extensively throughout the car to keep weight low, which is awesome.

Base curb weight for the 2 liter turbo version is 3616 lbs! That's really good. To put this into perspective, the base BMW 5 series (528i) also has a 2 liter turbo engine but it only makes 240 HP compared to the CTS's 270. It weighs 3814 lbs to the CTS's 3616, and it costs $49,245 before adding any options. Don't know what the CTS price will be, but I think it's pretty safe to say that the base CTS will cost less than $49k.

And look at the screenshot of the interior with the gauge cluster, the gauges are laid out completely differently than the previous screenshots of the same gauge cluster. That means it is fully digital like the XTS, fully reconfigurable, and apparently the HUD is also configurable and in full color. That makes me happy. And it has parking assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert and rear cross traffic alert - this thing is covered in radar.

As a car it seems pretty awesome - you're getting a LOT of car for your money here. I'm not sold on the looks yet though. Maybe after I see one in person. Still, all of this stuff seems like it will lead to a very potent and modern CTS-V when it comes out. And frankly the CTS Vsport with the Brembos, MRC and the TT V6 seems like it would be an awful lot of fun to drive, maybe as good as the CTS-V on a smaller scale and for less money. I really do like where Cadillac is going, and this focus on weight loss is exactly what they needed to do.

And it goes without saying that getting that TT V6 to 500 HP will be pretty much as easy as a tune and maybe an intake.

By the way did you guys see this pic? It has the CTS and V badges that the current V does. If this is supposed to be the Vsport, I wonder how they're going to differentiate the CTS-V?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts