Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one else think that Cadillacs are over rated? This is the first American car I have owned and I have never had a car with so many little things going wrong with it to include the Cue System? Currently looking to get rid of it for another german car or Lexus. Car only has 40,000 miles on it and has only been serviced by Cadillac. Just checking to see if its Cadillac wide.

·
Registered
2017 CTS Premium Luxury - Stellar Black/Light Cashmere - CUE 3.0
70 Posts
I have a late cycle 17 CTS loaded with 14,000 and CUE 2.5 this version still has lots of problems, have had the HMI replaced already Everyday when I start it up I hold my breath that my phone will pair, my XM will work, or my navigation will show me in Massachusetts where I live, rather than somewhere Michigan.
I had a 14 ATS and the CUE in it was just as bad as the one in my 17 CTS.
I have had the HUD replaced last year, and other little gremlins pop up then go away on the next restart. Don't know if the latest models from Cadillac still have these problems, next year will be time for a new car but I don't want to go through this again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's sad because Cadillacs look nice. I also have a 2000 MB E 430 with 44,000 miles and I never have any problems with this car. In fact if we go on long trips this is what we take. By the way, the CTS is in the drive way with the battery disconnected because the flashers, wiper and interior lights would not shut off. it will be going to the dealership on Monday.

·
Registered
2016 AWD 2.0T LUXE, 2016 C7 TBDE vert, 2012 911S Cab., 2003 Avey Z66
658 Posts
Well, I have friends and neighbors that drive MB's, VW's, Audi's and the famous BMW no less. Over the years they have all had good, trouble free cars and some have been a total disaster. One neighbors daughter bought a Subaru...another disaster vehicle. People will swear by a good one and denounce a bad one, take your pick. I get to see all the new models without leaving the neighborhood because of the "courtesy" loaners ALL the time. I've had my share of "challenged" vehicles... FWIW.

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6L AWD Premium
106 Posts
I have a 2014 CTS Premium AWD with nearly 50,000 miles and have not had any significant issues that would make me dislike the car. 2014 was a redesign year and the Premium trim level was discontinued after 2016 because it was too pricey and not a hot seller. If I recall correctly I have had 3 minor recalls and a couple of services performed under the maintenance warranty. As said by Jimmie above, there are bad apples in every brand.

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
631 Posts
2018 with 58,000km and everything works on mine and nothing has broke. CUE works perfectly, although a tad bit slow when running Android Auto, but always connects and always works. No mechanical issues have happened thus far. My dads MB E-Class headlight needed to be aimed, somehow it became miss-aligned. Oh no, need to buy an entire new headlight because something was corroded so they couldn't aim the light. Buy, install, oh looks, dealer didn't aim the light correctly, bring it back in and they say he needs to pay again to have the new light aligned. His battery kept dying, had them install a new one, same thing keeps happening, must not be battery, but god forbid they track down the issue.

My brother 3-Series BMW was great until about 80,000km where the transmission completely blew on him. lol at 80K KM, c'mon, I've never had a transmission go on me but this happened just out of warranty and so there goes about $5,000 to repair.

Oh, and go ask Audi owners how expensive and frequent their repairs are.

The stories go on and on. You can get a lemon in any brand, or have very expensive issues. I've owned every generation CTS and all have been great. The only re-occurring issue I had with Gen 1 and Gen 2 is I went through a lot of wheel hubs cause the bearing would keep going on me. Other than that all CTS models have been very reliable and I kept each one for 10+ years. Now my 2018 is going strong.

·
Registered
18 XT5 / 18 CTS 3.6 AWD
631 Posts
Does any one else think that Cadillacs are over rated?
Oh, and just wanted to add, over rated? How about under rated? Auto journalists constantly reported how the last gen CTS handled better than the German rivals. But yet the reviews in the end poo-pooed the car. And check Youtube, when do these unbiased reviewers ever actually put a Caddy against a German competitor? Like never. It's like Cadillac doesn't exists when it comes to comparison tests. Plenty of Audi vs BMW vs MB. So I wouldn't say over rated, but definitely under rated IMO.

I see even more bias when you watch these same "journalists" review the CT5. Almost every single CT5 review I've seen has them saying that the CT5 (non-V) is not even close to the performance sedan the CTS was. And the handling and engine of the CTS was so great and now that's been knocked down a notch with the CT5. Well why weren't they saying how great it was more when the CTS was the current model. Anyhow.... done venting. Auto reviewers are so biased. Wanna see some great unbiased reviews, watch Motormouth Motormouth Canadian reviews and very well done and less biased than anything else I've seen.

Some of the most biased are Kelly Blue Book and Redline Reviews. Soooo bad.

And continuing with the theme of unbiased reporting lol, I can't even watch US news channels these days. Wow, there's no news, it's all just opinion. Either Red or Blue, never just reporting. Again when I really want to hear about US politics I watch the Canadian news channels because they are just reporting what's going on VS 5 hours of biased opinion. Sorry I said venting done above.... but it's done now lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does any one else think that Cadillacs are over rated? This is the first American car I have owned and I have never had a car with so many little things going wrong with it to include the Cue System? Currently looking to get rid of it for another german car or Lexus. Car only has 40,000 miles on it and has only been serviced by Cadillac. Just checking to see if its Cadillac wide.
Well i got my first 3rd gen Cadillac cts 3.6L Performance Collection trim back in February of 2020. I have put less than 3k miles on it but am impressed how the car handles and the quick response when letting it wide open. It has the Centerpoint Bose system with 13 speakers, 321hp stock, 8 speed automatic with paddle shifters, I can go on but to get to the point. I have had bmw, Audi and dont come close to the cts in confort or Performance. I am talking about the 3.6l v6. This is a powerful engine natural aspirated. No turbos required to move this car.
I can drive and i have driven the 14 cts and it performs good. I just sold a ctsv and that car only was faster but how fast do you need to drive everyday?
The cts hits 144 no problem and has a Gorgeous Interior.
Had a problem with the Cue screen being slow and replaced it for $120, everything else is to this date working good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts