Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,398 Posts
Here is the reality of Cadillac forums and Cadillac ownership: Except maybe V owners, majority of owners are not into modifying their cars. The most extreme common modification is tuning turbo engine, and that's all about it. I can be really wrong on this, but I doubt you can find more that very few owners around here who are willing to go through changing their rear differential.

This fact pretty much explains why aftermarket options for Cadillacs are very limited.
Pretty accurate, although the car's resale value fell so much they are attracting performance buyers looking more for a platform to build upon than a luxury car. Even still, handling rather than straight line performance seems to be the attraction.

For the Quaife, if it can be done interchangeably with the Camaro, there might be enough interest, although I thought the Camaro already has some beefier versions. Might be easier to adapt the Camaro rear to the ATS; IIRC, there is a thread or two on here

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,845 Posts
^
Yes, Camaro and its aftermarket options seem to be a good place to look to find mods that might fit to our cars. V owners have been doing a similiar thing for many years, borrowing mods from Corvettes because powertrain was very similiar, if not identical.

·
Registered
none
148 Posts
will the 2.5 non lsd rear diff be a direct swap for the 2.0t cars. it would allow us to go from 3.27 to a 3.45 but still not be lsd.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I work at a machine shop for a living so I’m well versed in turning wrenches. When I get all the parts in I’ll assess what the differences are and work from there. Gotta pay to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever do this? How'd it go? I'm looking to do this.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T
26 Posts
Not finding the pages, do you have links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts