Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a small fire between the turbo and the firewall. The fire charred a few things, but I'm unable to identify a badly burnt connector that I'm sure will need replacing. Any help or photos would help a great deal.

Engine also throwing a P0171 engine code which I imagine has to do with the burnt connector or other burnt vacuum hoses in the area.

Aloha,
Jon
Kapolei, Hawaii

· Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
487 Posts
Had a small fire between the turbo and the firewall. The fire charred a few things, but I'm unable to identify a badly burnt connector that I'm sure will need replacing. Any help or photos would help a great deal.

View attachment 571011

View attachment 571012

Engine also throwing a P0171 engine code which I imagine has to do with the burnt connector or other burnt vacuum hoses in the area.

Aloha,
Jon
Kapolei, Hawaii

Do you know the cause? That looks nasty.

· Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
3,871 Posts
A few possibilities:
1. Before you dig far into this, what is the deductible for your comprehensive insurance? You may be surprised how quickly this gets expensive if you uncover additional collateral damage (i.e. any other parts damaged by wires that may have shorted in the engine harness during the fire).
2. The harness is sold as a complete assembly, not incredibly expensive but a bit of a pain to install: https://www.gmpartsonline.net/v-201...mance--2-0l-l4-gas/electrical--wiring-harness
3. If you are going to piece in a repair yourself, you don't have to use the exact original connector because both sides are damaged. You must use an automotive type connector with proper heat resistance and weather sealing but it doesn't have to be a duplicate.
3a. Note that there is likely to be wire damage beyond the connector and patching in a new will require soldering and shrink tubing for the splices, do NOT rely upon butt crimp connectors. Depending upon the expected heat exposure, teflon wire insulation may be required. There probably isn't a LAN circuit running through this connector but if so the LAN wires generally are specified by GM to be installed as a twisted pair (reduces RFI pickup from other leads).
If you don't have a Helms factory or equivalent service manual, you would be well served to acquire it.

Reactions: Melze

· Registered
5 Posts
Виникла невелика пожежа між турбонаддувом і брандмауером. Вогонь обвуглив кілька речей, але я не можу визначити сильно обгорілий роз’єм, який, я впевнений, потрібно буде замінити. Будь-яка допомога чи фотографії дуже допоможуть.

View attachment 571011

View attachment 571012

Двигун також видає код двигуна P0171, який, на мою думку, пов’язаний із спаленим роз’ємом або іншими спаленими вакуумними шлангами в цьому районі.

Алоха,
Джон
Каполей, Гаваї
припускаю
У вас відкручений гвинт кріплення вихлопної труби.

· Registered
2013 ATS Lux 2.0T MT (128K mi)
1,165 Posts
I'll take a look at mine at lunch time, but the majority of connectors on the ATS are from the Molex MX150 series and several are Aptiv (formally Delphi) GT 150 series. That one's looking a bit more GT 150 to me, I'll know one when I see a non-burned one.

· Registered
2013 ATS Lux 2.0T MT (128K mi)
1,165 Posts
I guess I'm not going to be as helpful as I hopped. My connector is completely inside of some protective insulation and everything was still way to hot for me to touch.

One thing I did notice was, like yours, the bolt for the down-pipe support had almost completely backed itself out. I hand tightened it as best I could and will get a wrench on it when I get home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.