Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2014 ATS AWD 2.0 turbo control module

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  MeucciFan 
#1 ·
  1. I reasently installed Power Engine Tuning module and it is abig improvement has anyone had any problem with ? I love it best bang for my buck so far.

#3 ·
The entire website for Power Performance Tuning "performance chip" reads like the finest kind of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Midway snake oil hawker speeches.

Do you have the before and after dragstrip timeslips ? How much time did the chip shave off?

#4 ·
If this is the correct website then I also am skeptical. I did find this for the Cadillac $80 - Cadillac Performance Tuner

It has big claims but seems to be generic for any Cadillac. One of the questions/answers under the link above -

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will Power Tune Engine Tuning Module fit my car
A: Power Tune is compatible with all 1996 and up gasoline vehicles.

#6 ·
I think I remember reading about something like this a while back. It was pretty much just a resistor for the sensor on the charge pipe. It basically tricked the ECU into thinking the air going into the manifold was colder than it actually was and it would adjust fuel and timing accordingly. In the end, yes, it added a little bit more performance, but I'm sure at expense of... something in the engine and fuel economy. In theory, and upgraded intercooler would do basically the same thing, but it would give the engine actual cold air for even more performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.