Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my 2014 Ats has a weird AC quirk as of late. It started about a week ago. I have both sides of the AC set all the way down to 60 (it's summer in Texas lol) and for some reason the driver's side feels more like a 74 degree air stream

the passenger side still feels like 60

and when I turn the AC Off the air does get significantly hotter, so clearly the AC Is working.... Just not as much as I'd like it to on the driver's side

Could it be something wrong with my blend door actuator? this issue happens regardless if the sides are synced or not

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,414 Posts
I don't have experience with that problem, but based on similar topics in the past,
blend door is a good possibility.

If driver side has been plenty cold, but less than passenger, you might need Freon now,
but just a guess.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,513 Posts
If the system is putting out plenty of cold air on one side but not enough on the other I believe it isn't a Freon issue but instead as said above the blend door, basically a flap to direct cold air to each side of the cabin as needed.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,453 Posts
Old issue... I had it on my 14 also. Not repeatable.... some my dealer wouldn't do anything. In reality, they didn't want to tear the dash apart to fix the blend door/sensor.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T and a bunch of other stuff....
627 Posts
My '16 did the same thing. Actuators were reprogrammed and it lasted about a month, then actuators got replaced and it's been good for almost a year now.
My only complaint is the displayed temp is wildly inaccurate, but at least it's consistent.
I have to say, this Caddy has the worst climate control of any ATC equipped car I've owned.
The manual heat/ac in my Ford truck is the best!!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
319 Posts
I noticed that my 2014 Ats has a weird AC quirk as of late. It started about a week ago. I have both sides of the AC set all the way down to 60 (it's summer in Texas lol) and for some reason the driver's side feels more like a 74 degree air stream

the passenger side still feels like 60

and when I turn the AC Off the air does get significantly hotter, so clearly the AC Is working.... Just not as much as I'd like it to on the driver's side

Could it be something wrong with my blend door actuator? this issue happens regardless if the sides are synced or not
There are four cabin air temp sensors, any one of which could be bad.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS
175 Posts
I wonder how that device is tested? It must be some kind of variable resistor based on temperature checked with an ohm meter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts