Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2004 ATS 2.0T AUTO LUXURY
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys hope everyone had an exciting halloween night!

I recently bought a 2014 ATS 2.0t AUTO W/ 60k miles (wanted a manual originally but they are unicorns lol) I love the way the car drives but the tuning bug keeps on bitting me 馃槀馃槀

I was looking into ZZP & Vermont tuning, currently leaning towards ZZP. Here is what i have in mind so far:

ZZP:
-LTG down pipe catless $199.
-LTG ZFR turbo upgrade 6758 $1999.
-LTG Flex Fuel kit $249.99.
-LTG larger throttle body $184.99.
-Injen cold air intake $349.
-not sure on exhaust yet.
-ZZP computer tune $500-$750 not sure yet.

Or.........

Vermont tuning:
Cadillac ATS 2.0T 390 HP E85 Package $2599.00.
-Catless down pipe
-E85 conversion kit-
-Upgraded turbo 67mm.
-Handheld tune.

Do you guys have any recommendations or are there any better options out there or bang for the buck? Has anyone had any issues with the 6T70 6speed automatic transmission after tuning?

Any help/advice will he greatly appreciated!

PS: JUST GOT RELEASED!!!!!

KW VARIANT 3 COIL-OVER Part# 35263005 for the ATS!!!! I just placed an order for these babies 馃槏馃槏馃槏

Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
My personal opinion and everyone has one, but ZZP is in all honesty the best tuning and aftermarket part manufacturer for this platform than any other company. my recommendation would be them hands down. congrats on the KW's that is some money to spend on those babies.

Registered
2013 ATS
Im running the ZZP catless DP, CAI, E85 sensor, Catch Can, and there tune - completely different animal. Also there upgraded sway bars. Tried running 91 in it the other day instead of e85, major difference. Will never go back.
Im starting to have transmission shutter now, but this is unrelated. Car has roughly 95k miles.
I wanted to go big turbo, and still might, but for now Im content. Def recommend ZZP.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
CB thanks for the info!!

Thanks, lol bank put a stop payment on the order, i haven't called to approve the purchase (having buyers remorse) not sure if i am better off buying new OEM shocks with eibach springs. I love the way the car rides, i just want to lower it a bit and elimate some body-roll I couldn鈥檛 see my self running BC coils so now im stuck debating my purchase lol like you said they cost a pretty penny 馃槀

RJ thanks!! Sounds about the same as i would be running, how much louder is your car compared to stock, are you running stock exhaust? Sorry to hear about the tranny man thats what scares me the most about building the car.. are you planing to rebuild it or replace it with a new one?

Registered
2013 ATS
My car has a nice hum to it idling, surprisingly it's not that much different being catless. The intake makes the most noise but I like it.
I'm thinking I'll try just a flush to cure it, otherwise I'm thinking it might be tune related. I actually picked up a sweet deal for a Vermont tuning turbo the other day, so I'll have to retune anyways- hopefully that'll solve it. If nothing from either of those, I'll probably replace...

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Love your car btw super clean have you touched the suspension?

congrats on the new turbo!!

I found this campany last night Turbo parts canada, they offer and upgraded turbo for a decent price.

Registered
2013 ATS
Thank you! I love it, traded a challenger in on it earlier this year. The red interior is my favorite. Only thing I've done is swaybars, car already handled like it was on rails, it's that much better now. I plan on lowering it, but have to save up. I've ran BC coilovers on a Subi before, there not bad. But I think I might just get springs for the ATS.
I think that turbo is pretty much what vermont tuning has as well/what I've got coming. I think turbobay has a couple to offer as well. Most people would agree though, If your going to shell out that kind of money on a upgraded stock turbo - you might as well go big

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Im jealous lol i love red interiors!! I bought my car from a client lol so i barely got any of the options i wanted but the great deal i got on the car makes up 馃榿

My buddy has a G37 on BC coils and his car drives like crap lol thats my only experience with BC... could be the way he has his suspension tuned though. If it was up to me if buy after market performance shocks but no one makes any :/

So ignorant question lol, even though you have a Vermont turbo you can still have zzp tune your car?

Registered
18 Coupe, turbo, auto, dp,E 85,tune
Try turbobay in FL. They also do a freat job. As far as tuning I have used Vermont Tuner for my last three ATS's ('13, '16, '18) and have had very nice results.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Mike! Im based out of South Florida myself called and spoke with the owner who was very helpful, i will most likely use them for the turbo upgrade they have great reviews and i also like supporting local businesses :)

Suck the oil catch-can is sold out from ZZP, i was thinking of ordering the mishimoto one but read people having issues with line leaks..

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Just got done installing an ATS-V suede steering wheels.. First mod!!!!

Just have to finish the wiring to make the paddles work, i didnt have time today. So far i love the way it feels and looks 馃槏 cant wait for the matching shifter to come in!

Registered
Hey guys hope everyone had an exciting halloween night!

I recently bought a 2014 ATS 2.0t AUTO W/ 60k miles (wanted a manual originally but they are unicorns lol) I love the way the car drives but the tuning bug keeps on bitting me 馃槀馃槀

I was looking into ZZP & Vermont tuning, currently leaning towards ZZP. Here is what i have in mind so far:

ZZP:
-LTG down pipe catless $199.
-LTG ZFR turbo upgrade 6758 $1999.
-LTG Flex Fuel kit $249.99.
-LTG larger throttle body $184.99.
-ZZP computer tune $500-$750 not sure yet.

Or.........

Vermont tuning:
Cadillac ATS 2.0T 390 HP E85 Package $2599.00.
-Catless down pipe
-E85 conversion kit-
-Upgraded turbo 67mm.
-Handheld tune.

Do you guys have any recommendations or are there any better options out there or bang for the buck? Has anyone had any issues with the 6T70 6speed automatic transmission after tuning?

Any help/advice will he greatly appreciated!

PS: JUST GOT RELEASED!!!!!

KW VARIANT 3 COIL-OVER Part# 35263005 for the ATS!!!! I just placed an order for these babies 馃槏馃槏馃槏

View attachment 574187 View attachment 574188

Registered
Re mods:
I have done:
ZZP intercooler, E85, down pipe, full exhaust, stage 3 cams, Rods, pistons, valve springs, catch can, CAI, 7163 turbo, eibach sway bars and multiple tunes. Doing a dyno tune in California this week.the car feels much faster then my E46 M3, I鈥檓 hoping a bit over 400hp to the wheels. ZZP parts have been excellent. I will be doing suspension and breaks next.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet baby Jesus bro.... I am jealous those are a lot off great mods i would love to have! I just purchase camaro SS Brembo calipers for all four corners and new rotors cant wait to install them, I still haven't decided on the suspension lol

What year is you car, Auto or manual? I was thinking on upgrading the rods and pistons as well just not sure i need too, what made you want to upgrade your internals?

Loving your build man!!!! Cant wait to see more.

Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
I'm assuming you have ready access to E85. Otherwise, Vermont tuning does have a meth injection kit. I thought about going that route and just using the very cold weather WW solvent since that is about 30% meth. A lot cheaper and easier than running 50%.

I knew one person with the VT kit. He was pleased with it and the logs showed good results. It seems like ZZP is more active in the ATS market, and it if it is a full turbo replacement, the HP potential is greater than the VT kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Yes luckily we have E85 around here, right the ZZP has potential for more HP but unfortunately i dont think our auto transmissions can take much more then 300whp maybe 350whp but i dont really know...

Im using ZZP for all the parts CI, DP, Intercooler, throttle body, E85 conversion. As for the turbo im pretty sure ill go with bayturbo鈥檚 upgrade unless i can score a good deall on the ZZP one for Black Friday 馃槀馃槀

SECOND MOD: Just order 2016+ Camaro Brembo brakes for all four corners with the bigger rotors, ill post some pics they come in on Thursday.

Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
If you're concerned about the transmission, DP/TB/E85/Tune will provide a big bump in power and drivability without getting to the point where reliability seems to be an issue. If you're replacing the turbo, 400+ RWHP should be the goal.

Registered
are the camaro brakes larger in size? curious, I got my ATS a few months ago, did down pipe, cat back exhaust. Looking into the vermont turbo upgrade.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts