Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new to this I’m aware there are older threads but i have no idea how to find what I’m looking for and I’d appreciate a straight forward response rather than trying to piece together pieces. I have a 2014 ats awd 2.0 and i want to get some new rims and tires. I’m looking at 20 inches. The front would be 20x8.5 & rear 20x10. Would that work for my car ? Or ? Please let me know I’m not that experienced in this. Thank you

·
Registered
'14 ATS 2.0T 6MT
464 Posts
Do a search in the appearance section. Offset/ bolt pattern combo are pretty much specific to ATS so wheels will be $$$ though if you are asking about 20's...

Or instead of asking, you can do some work on your own and learn some stuff on the way... Stock wheel/tire sizes are available on tirerack and hubcap heaven. Do you know how tires sizing/wheel offset works?

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
1,021 Posts
This site used to be easier to use and it had a better search function, but you can still find what you're looking for. Anyway, before you look at wheels you need to have a solid understanding of wheels (hub bore, offset, diameter/width, and bolt pattern...also known as bolt circle or PCD), and tires (section width, profile, etc). Then from there you can decide how you want the wheel and tire combo to look and fit, which determines the specs you get them in.

Manufacturers generally sell AWD cars with square fitment setups (same width/offset front and rear), but you can use a staggered setup on an AWD car as long as you keep the rolling diameter the same at each wheel. That is very important for the longevity of the AWD system.

Spend some time on Tire Rack reading about all this, play with wheel/tire calculators, etc to educate yourself and then you can make an informed decision you will be happy with.

Any reason you are wanting 20's, specifically? Most consider the sweet spot for the ATS to be 19".

Just a note about bolt pattern, 5x115 limits your choices and can be more costly if the wheels you want need to be drilled that way from the factory. Which means you only have so many places you can buy them from, which may charge more. And that may be fine, you may find what you like for the price you like in 5x115. I could not, so I went with 5x114.3 wheels and run hubcentric rings. The bolt patterns are literally a hair different, many wheels, lugnuts, etc aren't even machined to that small of a tolerance so it's not really anything to worry about. So another thing to think about.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I will say I run 19x10 in the rear with a +35 offset, rubs pretty good on hard bumps but I am on bc coilovers. I’d recommend going to a +40 offset. So 20x10 with a +40 offset. Definitely try and test fit something first, ive seen 20s on an ats but not 10in wide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts